Kai Parker Imagine - Forgotten Birthday

Start from the beginning

"Right. Right. Well, I'll see you later! I love you."

"I love you too, Y/N. I'll see you later," He said as he hung up. 

Didn't you just have the best boyfriend?

No. No, you don't. 

After that, you had gotten ready for whatever he was planning on doing with you tonight, but as the night got later and later, you realized he truly had forgotten, so now you sit on your couch, in your pretty dress, in your prettily ruined makeup, eating icecream and watching TV.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The sound of your doorbell ringing frightened you for a moment before thoughts flooded your head. 

Had he actually remembered?

Did I just ruin my makeup?

Oh shit, I have to redo my makeup.

You scrambled off the couch, turning your TV off and throwing your precious ice cream in the process as you ran to the door. You swung the door open with a smile on your face only to come face-to-face with Stefan.

"Oh," You sighed.

He laughed. "Oh? I am your best friend, Y/N. I am hurt," He joked. You smiled and rolled your eyes as you invited him in. You plopped back onto the couch as he looked around your house like it was his first time over, and then you noticed the shiny present box in his hands.

"Is that for me?" You asked as you pointed at the box.

"No, it's also my birthday today, and I thought I would just open my present in front of you," He joked and sat down next to you.

"Shut up," You laughed and shoved his shoulder.

"Hey, what's wrong with your face?"

"Excuse me?" You asked, your eyebrows furrowing.

"No! No! I didn't mean it like that. You- You look absolutely stunning. You just have mascara running down your face, and your eyes are all red and puffy," He said, quickly correcting himself.

"Well, turns out my boyfriend is an absolute idiot. He forgot," You said quietly. Stefan sighed.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N."

"Guess this is what I get for dating a sociopath, right?" You laughed sadly.

"He does love you," Stefan said after a moment.

"I don't-"

"Y/N," He said, grabbing your hand. "He loves you. We, men, are idiots and do idiotic things... a lot, but that doesn't mean we don't love you. It just shows how amazing you are for putting up with this crap," He laughs, making you laugh too.

"Thank you, Stefan. I really needed-"

"I'm home-" Kai yells as he walks into your house. His smirk falls as he sees you and Stefan on the couch, holding hands. "What's going on here?" He asks. "And why are you so dressed up? Were you going out with him? Wow, Y/N. I didn't think you were this low," Kai spits. You begin to cry. You cry because he still doesn't realize, and you cry because you're in love with such a dick.

"Are you kidding me?" Stefan yells. "I just sat here and defended you and promised Y/N you still loved her, and this is what she gets? Especially today?" Stefan is beyond pissed. "You're such a fucking dick," Stefan growls.

"Oh, you're gonna wish you hadn't said that, Steffie," Kai laughs, flicking his wrist to break one of Stefan's legs.

"Kai, stop!" You yelled as you ran over to Stefan.