First meeting

In this chapter I would like to show in more detail the part of the story where Araceli and Jann Lee meet because I always find the first encounters of future couples exciting, besides that it seems to me that it is something important in the history of my character, since Jann is essential to the development of her story. : 3 Anyway, I hope you like it. XD

_____________________________________

One of those lonely nights, as she walked the streets of China with sore legs after looking for a job all afternoon, Araceli saw many people gathered in a hidden place behind an alley. She was very curious about it, she had not seen anything interesting up to now because she was busy looking for a job, so she didn't hesitate to go see what was happening there. She put on the hood to move from being perceived and walked towards those people.

When she got closer, she discovered that those people were spectators watching a fight, she asked why those guys were fighting and someone told her that it was just a street fight like so many others to make money. This made her think that she maybe could take the opportunity to earn some money, she didn't know how to fight, but she could try. She had learned a little of karate for self-defense before, but had dropped out due to lack of time, so she had no experience in fighting. Even thought, she thought that maybe if she tried hard, she could at least win a fight. The anger and stress that she had accumulated from not being able to get a job was not letting her think clearly.

Jann Lee, meanwhile, was on his way home. That night had been so bored and quiet at his work that he felt he needed some action, so he headed to one of those places where he used to watch street fights to maybe hang out. The young man approached as he removed his work shirt to be more comfortable and ready in case he wanted to join a fight, walking towards the people who were waiting.

As soon as he arrived, Jann Lee looked around and saw something that completely caught his eye: a foreign girl with a strikingly curvy body, very long and straight dark brown hair, some piercings, and dark clothing consisting of black shorts with fishnet stockings, black boots and a sweatshirt of the same color. He hadn't seen her around here before, if he had, he probably would remember her. He was not used to seeing foreign girls around that place.

At first, he was curious to see a girl like her in such a dangerous place, then that curiosity turned into attraction after paying more attention to her, but he quickly put all of that aside as he remembered why he was there. He didn't even want to think about the idea of socializing, much less getting his hopes up about someone. Because of his tragic past, he no longer trusted people and preferred to continue being the lonely person that he was throughout his whole life.

The man continued watching the fight, which bored him a bit and made him want to leave, but soon his attention returned to the girl again when he noticed that she intended to fight instead of just watching.

Jann Lee saw the fear in her eyes, quickly deduced that she wasn't a fighter, and was a bit surprised by her bravery. He didn't want to interfere and to sound like a meddler, but he couldn't sit still and watch her get hurt. When the girl told the man announcing the fights that she wanted to be the next to fight, Jann didn't think twice and acted on impulse, since after all, he was always willing to help people who were in danger even if he had no intention of socializing with them. The young man took her arm and drew her attention. She was scared when she noticed that someone suddenly grabbed her arm, she though that someone was trying to hurt her or steal from her, since she was in a dangerous place, so she hit the person while she was trying to push away his hand from her arm. She heard a complaint and finally turning her head she saw him, surprised and confused by what she had in front of her. She was suddenly relieved to seeing his bright brown eyes. Wow, he is... so cute. Was the first thing she thought when she saw him. At that moment she lowered her gaze a little, looking at his bare torso of well-formed muscles, which completely distracted her from the surroundings. All kinds of thoughts came to the girl's mind, until these were interrupted by a grumpy voice.