Chapter 2

Pinky's POV:
This room is fun-fun, silly-willy! Yay! I get to sing and dance to my heart's desire. It ends all too quickly. Oh, well. Patricia places me in the cage next to Brain.
"Brain!" I exclaim, throwing my arms around him. If I didn't know any better, I'd think I saw his cheeks flush a bit at the gesture. "That was so fun!" He's not responding. Hmm, strange.
"Brain?" I look deep into his ruby eyes and see fear and pain. "What's wrong?" I ask, concerned. "Nothing," he says after a moment in a small, un-Brain-like voice. I know he's lying. I help him over to our shared bed. Then I go make my favorite mouse a delicious dinner of tea and food pellets. I am worried about my friend. He's never like this! Even when the greatest of his plans fail, he stands up strong. Egad, he's the smartest, strongest mouse I know! Not that I know many mice. But still! I bring the tray with Brain's dinner over to the bed. "I want you to tell me what's going on right now, mister," I demand. "Nothing," he says. "It's just... I was so helpless in that dark room." Tears roll down his cheeks. I instantly soften. "Oh Brain..." I give him a huge hug. He's trembling a little but seems to relax in my arms.
I spend the rest of the night comforting Brain. Things go back to normal, you know, taking over the world and stuff. Or so you would think. There's a slight but noticeable difference. Maybe it's how Brain now blushes when I compliment him. Or maybe it's how I sneakily and unconsciously edge closer to him more often. There's a definite change in the air, and I know Brain notices it too. The months roll by and soon it's Valentine's Day. I have no idea what to do.
Brain's POV:
I wake up fully aware of what day it is, hoping a certain someone won't bring it up.
"Brain, do you know what day it is?" Drat! "Um... Tuesday?" I stall. "No, silly, it's Valentine's Day!" Pinky exclaims.
"Ooh, that gives me an idea! Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so Brain, but do we really need all those fanfictions to prove it?" I growl at his typical reply.
"No, Pinky. We will take advantage of this special day to take over the world!¨
¨Yeah, about that, I have s-something to give you," Pinky stutters. He gets a huge card from behind the exercise wheel and hands it to me. I take it. It looks like he put a lot of work into this. It has 2 Hershey Kisses and in big bubbly letters, it says NARF! I open the card.
¨Brain," the card reads. ¨I knew from the moment I lay my eyes on you that you were something special. And that I loved you. I still do. So, Brain, will you be my Valentine?¨
I blush with delight. He feels the same way! ¨Pinky,¨ I smile. ¨I l-love¨ I try to say. Then suddenly we're kissing. 10 magical seconds I would never take back.
¨So itś a yes?¨ Pinky asks.
¨Itś a yes-yes-yes!¨ I reply, uncharacteristically enthusiastic.
¨Come, Pinky, we must celebrate Valentine's Day and prepare for tomorrow night.¨
¨Why, Brain? What are we going to do tomorrow night?¨
¨The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world... together!¨