Chapter 3

Hey guys sorry I have had a busy weekend so I didn't upload until now... Well I hope you like it and I think I will be uploading on my iPod now cuz it works better for me!:) so sorry if it is short but I worked hard and this might not have any Rachel POV in it so beware.

The Fabulous Life of Rachel Evans

Chapter 3

Jake's View

"LUKE!

LUKE!

LUKE!"

I called at the top of my lungs as I ran inside the hospital. I has just heard o the news that my brother, Luke had been shot at our school, Arizona School for the Arts.

I loved Luke but sometimes he just got himself into too much trouble. Never had he been in a hospital before because of he things he had done. He always liked to go out on weekends to do god knows what, but I know it is because of what happened.  

Luke is not really my brother.

It all started one summer afternoon when we first moved into our huge estate next to Rachel and the other Evans. We had another neighbor, on our rightside. They were the Collins. Well, if you can guess, Luke was a Collin. He came over everyday and we played together because he was only a year younger. Well, one day I was walking home from school with my sister Natalie, and we got home and waited for Luke to come since it was tradition that he came everyday after school.

He never came.

4:00 came.

And so did 5:00.

6:00 did as well, still no Luke.

Now Nat and I being the energetic seven year olds we were went over next door.

We rang the door bell.

DING DONG!  

DING DONG!  

DING DONG!

No answer.

We pushed it again.

But this time, the door opened.

We stepped in, unsure of what was happening as darkness succumbed us and the door shut tightly. The creaky steps were being stepped on, and I recognized a face as Luke's, coming down the stairs.  

"L-Luke?" my twin mumbled numbly.  

"What?" he asked in the same tone.

We slowly ascended the stairs. Luke was covered in a sticky red substance, also known as blood.

"I didn't mean to.

I didn't mean to.

I didn't mean to.

I didn't mean to. " he kept saying to us, his little face soaked in tears.

We looked past his pale face and saw something we knew would never exit our minds. We didn't hear the screams. We didn't hear the police burst through the door. All we saw were three people dead on he ground, Luke's parents, and an unknown man.

Apparently Luke used self defense and killed the man after he made a man on him, and well, the rest is history.

My mom found out, but she took Luke as her own, and until this day, Luke never talked about it.

I came to a stop at the receptionist desk and put my Ferrari's keys back into my back pocket.

"Hello how can I help you?" a petite blonde asked from behind the desk, leaning over and nonchalantly unbuttoning one button when she thought I wasn't looking.