The man sighed and his eyes rolled again. This woman wouldn't actually shoot him, she didn't the last time so why would she do it this time? With that thought in mind, a smirk appeared on his lips and he bolted for the second time. However something different happened.

Kuvira did pull the trigger and a brass bullet flew and teared through the runaway man's thigh. He toppled over with a cry and instantly clutched at the wound. Kuvira wasted no time and lept towards him, grabbing his wrists so she could cuff them behind his back.
"You crazy bitch." He growled as his face was pressed against the pavement.
"You shot me."

Kuvira kept him down with a hand on his back, the other keeping a firm grip on the handcuffs.
"If you did what I asked then you would've been fine." she said.
"You're under arrest on suspicion of working with a criminal."

<->

Korra sighed and watched the wispes of her breath dissipate into the air. Her hands were warming up in her coat pocket and she couldn't wait to get back home and take this stupid suit off. The collar of the shirt felt like it was getting tighter by the minute, as if the tie was shrinking every second.

"You never told me about your day at the school." Opal said, breaking the comfortable silence between them. They were heading back to the station after their dinner with Asami and Hiro.

"It was horrible and I think I hate kids more than I already did." Korra replied with a groan, feeling a headache coming on just by thinking about her past excperiences.

"Surely they can't be that bad."

"You have no idea. Do you want to swap jobs?" Korra repsonded, earning a small laugh from her assistant.

"Boss, I would be fired on the spot. You completely saved me earlier in that restaurant." Opal said.
"I would've blown your cover in front of Asami."

"I guess you're right." Korra shrugged with a smile.
"But you're way better with kids than I am. When I ask them a question, it's like I'm speaking a completely different language and they don't listen."

"I don't know a lot about kids but what I do know is that they're all suckers for fun." Opal replied.

Korra rose a brow.
"What do you mean?"

"Well knowing you Boss, you were probably interrogating the poor things on the spot." She said.
"Instead, you should play games, laugh, have fun. You could probably get answers out of them that way."

Korra hummed in thought.
"That's not a bad idea actually."

Opal chuckled and held the door open to the station for her boss.
"You're welcome by the way." She said as they both stepped through.

Before Korra could mutter a thanks, Chief Beifong suddenly appeared in front of her. And by the look on her face, she didn't seem pleased at all.
"Smith, where the hell were you?" She demanded and Korra felt Lin had just took a hammer and battered into the floor.

Korra winced and stepped back.
"Sorry Chief, I lost track of time whilst looking for a lead." She replied, watching as Opal quickly scurried away and into the nearest elevator.

"Well you're lucky. If you were a few seconds later I would've made this temporary teaching job permanent." Lin huffed and gestured the officer to follow her. They walked through the station, through the multiple doors that required a swipe of Lin's keycard and soon Korra realised where they were going.

"Kuvira arrested a possible suspect this evening. Someone that could be tied to Mako." Lin explained and held the door open for the officer.
"He goes by the name Tahno."