N o b o d y [ Scaramouche ]

..what was I to him..?

a worthless nobody..?

 just a toy he could throw out whenever..?

.. someone useless.. that you could rid your frustrations on..?

..I didn't want that..  

I.. just want you to be happy..

maybe as a friend.. the one you never really had..

maybe more than a friend..

but then again.. was i ever your friend..?

--

 You didn't know what caused him to become so furious.. you were worried.. and confused.. You wanted to calm him down.. so you went up to him..

  "..Scaramouche...?" 

..He lifted his hand.. about to strike you.. before hesitating.. his arm falling back to his side.. he turned and walked out of the room.. leaving you in his office.. alone..

"..scaramouche...." ..you sighed.. before adjusting his work papers and neatly placing them down...  soon exiting the room.. and heading outside.. 

..It was raining.. down and down... drip.. drop.. the rain would scream out.. agonizingly.. and sorrowfully.. You found it ironic.. '..how could the weather represent how.. terrifying the world was..'

..There was war about.. it was dangerous to travel.. let alone be outside.. the beauty of this once peaceful world.. raged with chaos and destruction.. Your vision glowed.. it seemed to agree..

You found it strange the gods gifted you a vision.. it was two years ago..  just like this very night..

; F l a s h b a c k

You were just a filthy thief living amongst the street.. scarcely being able to provide for your family.. then he came along.. he had murdered your family in front of your very eyes.. 

;"..y..you..!.." you screeched out.. your hoarse voice.. echoed throughout the alleyway.. the rags of your muddy clothing.. plastered to your skin.. as you ran up at the fatui.. 

".. How could you..!" ..you were pushed back easily.. your frail, weak body.. in pain as your relentlessly.. and persistently tried to harm him.. and at the moment.. a vision formed at your side.. its glow.. ominous and bright under the stormy night sky... 

..A beast of elemental power at your side..  attacking what you had perceived a foe.. knocking down the short fatui.. the beast..though had been struck in the head.. causing it to dissipate..

"..Ahh didn't think you struggle against a helpless kid.." ..a man with a mocking voice.. followed behind a beautiful.. and seemingly fancy lady.. they looked at you.. collapsed on the concrete.. out of breath.. and panting..

"..What a miserable way to have been defeated, Scaramouche..." the ginger laughed.. as you glared at the fatui..

"..Im not a kid..!" ..you would yelp.. in which the ginger chuckled in response.

"..At least your not as short as Scaramouche.. we have to check under every pebble everytime we lose sight of him on missions..." .. this time the fair lady mused.. they seemed to make a hobby out of teasing the man wearing the odd hat..

"...you're suprisingly strong for a shrimp-" The electro wielder, seemingly pissed replied.. before the ginger interjected.

 "..Ha! look at yourself... ah anyways.. kid.. why don't join the fatui..? it'll make paying your dead family's debt easier.." ..he wore a shit-eating grin.. why..?  you wouldn't know..

"..sure.." ..your eyes glancing up at the Fatui harbingers.. before falling asleep on the ground..

; E n d    o f    f l a s h b a c k 

..you found yourself taking steps further away from the building.. into the forest.. underneath the raging storm..

But unknownst to you, a rainy battle field..

..

Your life flashed before your eyes.. as lightning struck the ground before you.. that was the moment you felt fatigued.. and a sharp, aching pain at your side.. your hand was quick to feel for the injury, you soon realized blood was seeping down your legs..

 "..shit..." you groaned.. as you collapsed.. your vision would darken.. as you made out figures colliding, striking each other down in front of you.. there was suddenly an arm wrapped around you.. lifting you up..

"..Stay conscious.. you are not allowed to die..." ..the voice so familiar.. sounded so weak.. your face felt wet.. not only with rain but tears.. you could only smile as the person you knew so well saved you from unfortunate demise..

..

"..Keep your eyes open.. if you dare close them I-!" .. you would silence him with your chuckle, only doing so as his frantic tone of voice seemed all so strange to you.. your arm strained out to grasp his hand, you could see more tears threatening to spill each and every time you blinked your heavy eyes... 

"I swear... im fi-" you whispered before scaramouche interjected rudly from the chair next to the bed..

"No you are not fine..!" his worry was evident, it was intertwined with every word he spoke.. you firmly gripped his hand in response.

 "I was really nervous.. that you were going to die before I could get you treated.." He pulled his hand out of yours.. and wrapped his arms around you.. 

"..If you tell anyone about this I will.. I will..." ..His voice lowered as he fell asleep.. Once again you would smile, moving him in a more comfortable position.. you leaned forward to give him a small endearing kiss before leaning back..

"..I.. love you too...."

-----

why the fuck did it take me 2 months to publish smh