Chapter 100: Fearless and Invincible - Part 1

The bridal chamber was filled with the smell of incense, and together with the thick scent of perfume and powder, it made an overpowering mix that made her sick. Li Weiyang attempted a smile and whispered something in Lao Furen’s ear, who promptly waved her hands in dismissal. “Go, go.”

As Li Weiyang left, only Li Changle paid her any attention; she briefly lifted her eyes to glance at her, before resuming her conversation with Jiang Yuelan.

With the breath of fresh air that came with her escape outside, Li Weiyang immediately felt better. Baizhi asked curiously: “Xiaojie, why did you come out?”

“The firecrackers outside are so loud, I’m afraid Min Zhi would be startled by it, so I told Lao Furen that I’ll go check on him.” Li Weiyang said with a smile.

Min Zhi was her own brother, and at only 1 month old, he had already won Lao Furen’s heart. Of course, not only Lao Furen was charmed; Li Xiaoran also sent people to enquire after him around 3 times a day, so Li Weiyang’s excuse for leaving was fully understandable.

As she strolled past the pond, she saw that the numerous lotus flowers had wilted, leaving behind dead leaves and empty ripples on the water. Li Weiyang suddenly stopped in her tracks. “I want to walk by myself, Baizhi and Zhaoyue may stay with me. Mo Zhu, bring the rest of them back.”

Mo Zhu knew that her mistress’ mood was hard to predict, so she merely lowered her voice. “Yes, Xiaojie.” She left with the other Yatous, so there was only Li Weiyang and her trusted confidants at the lotus pond.

“Xianzhu is smart.” A handsome man emerged from behind the trees casually, with a faint smile upon his lips.

Li Weiyang turned towards the source of the voice, wearing a similar smile as she recognized its owner. “The banquet is hosted in the front courtyard. What has brought you here, Qi Huangzi?”

Tuoba Yu merely smiled. “I still owe you a formal apology, so I simply told them I would like to rest in the flower halls. That’s how I found myself here.”

Li Weiyang regarded him with suspicion. “Apology?”

A sliver of coolness flashed in Tuoba Yu’s eyes, but before he could explain himself, she had already caught onto his meaning. “Haven’t you already apologised for that?”

Both of them were speaking strangely, but Baizhi and Zhaoyue guarded their senses, pretending as if they had overheard nothing.

Tuoba Yu couldn’t help but quirk his brows in a smile. “I had thought you’d be angry for a long time.”

 “Even if I was very angry, seeing Qi Huangzi’s effort in sending me money… as the receiver, I cannot possibly do nothing. On the account of your sincerity, I have to forgive you.” She was not losing out on the matters she had invested in, but since Tuoba Yu made such an attempt to send her money, she definitely wouldn’t put on airs and reject it. Since De Fei had tried to harm her previously, she would take this as a form of payment.

Tuoba Yu looked helpless. “After what had happened that day, my Mu Fei was bedridden for an entire 3 months; you should be appeased by that.”

There was a trace of strangeness in Li Weiyang’s grin. “That’s merely interest repayment!”

“Sorry that you had to show mercy!” Tuoba Yu smiled warmly, taking two steps forward. Li Weiyang took a step back, leaving his hand hanging in the air. His smile remained pleasant. “I only wanted to help you sweep away the leaves in your hair…”

Li Weiyang‘s smile was warm as well. “There’s no need for you to bother yourself.”

No matter how strong Tuoba Yu was, a flash of hurt still crossed his eyes. “Do you hate me because of what happened with Mu Fei?”