War games

After lunch, we learned how to throw knives. I was good at it.

"Hey stiff, how was your private lesson with Eric?" William said with an evil smirk on his face.

"you're just jealous that I'm better than you," I replied with a wink. I turned around to grab another pair of knives when I felt a gush of wind pass by. I Look in the direction of where it came from when I see a knife sticking out of the ground. Did he seriously throw a knife at me?

"That was pathetic," Eric said to William's horrible throw.

"It just slipped," William responded, unsure of his own response.

"Well, GO GET IT," Eric ordered him.

"W-while there throwing?" I heard William stutter.

"Are you afraid?" If eyes could kill, William would be beyond hell.

"Against stabbed by an airborne knife, yea." Did William really think it would be a good idea to give Eric sass?

"Everybody stop!"Eric called out, everybody stopped. "Stand in front of the target," Eric said to William. Before I knew it William shoved me towards the target. I sighed.

"Sir, she would love to stand in front of a target. Don't you Stiff." William said, trying to intimidate me.

"At least I'm not afraid," I say while crossing my arms, shifting my weight to my left hip.

"River, would you do the honor of showing this dumbass how Dauntless do?" Eric Asked me. I didn't reply. I just walked towards the target standing in front of it. "Four, give me a hand here." Four nods. He grabs the knives and positions himself, ready to throw. "If you flinch, you're out," I tilt my head towards Eric. Wtf, is he thinking. William snickers. "If you want to take her place, go ahead."

"No sir, sorry sir," William responds.

I trust Four. I will be okay. Four throws one knife, it hits the wood next to the right side of my hip.

"Ahw, come on, Four," Eric says with a stupid grin on his face. I look Eric straight in the eye. Not losing eye contact as Four throws another knife. "You can do better than that." Eric was now playing with me. I keep my eyes fixated on him, emotionless. Showing no sign of fear.

"You want me to give her a little trim?" Four asks Eric. I wasn't pleased to hear Four say that, but I didn't let it face me. I knew Four had to obey Eric's orders too and didn't have a choice.

"Maybe just a little of the top," Eric replies teasingly. I keep my eyes locked with his. I was dead serious, and so was he. Four throws his knife just above my head. The last knife scrapes my ear as it flies by. Wtf Four!

"Points for bravery, Stiff. Okay, everyone, we're done for the day." Eric says. Everybody walked away except for Four.

"You alright?" Four asks me.

"You cut me." It didn't hurt physically. But I didn't think Four would do this. He doesn't miss, so it was intentional.

"I meant to."

"You meant to?" I sounded like a total bitch at this point.

"You think he was going to let you off without a scratch?"

"So I'm supposed to thank you?"

"If I wanted to hurt you. I would've." Four turned around and started walking away.

"Yes, Four. I know!" I was angry at him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------