Chapter 1

No one pov

Reki looked at Langa like he had two heads or three eyes as she was in disbelief.

Langa on the other hand was nervous, flustered, and scared, since he was confused on why Reki was giving him such a face.

"Y-you don't know what skating is!?" She yelled out.

Langa flinched from the sudden loud noise so close to his ear. Langa slowly nodded a no as he most definitely wasn't familiar with skateboarding.

Reki sighed as she let go of him and went back into her phone with a bored face.

Langa just sat there staring at her.

She clicked on a video and showed her phone screen to Langa. He starred at the screen watching a video about what seemed like the basics of skateboarding. However no matter how many videos Reki shows him, he couldn't understand what was so great about it.

"Here, I'll show you!" She said as she grabbed her skateboard and stood up.

Langa watched the girl carefully with all his focus on her.

At first she failed to get on it since she took a wrong step. She fell to the ground with a small Yelp and her skateboard went in front of Langa.

Langa picked it up and looked at it.

"Try riding it!" Reki said happily.

Langa thought about them decided why not. So he stepped on the board and fell backwards.

Reki was laughing her butt off at the scene.

Langa huffed angrily.

"This thing isn't stable..." he said.

Reki was still laughing as she picked up the skateboard. She went on it then started riding it straight ahead to Langa. He started panicking and telling her to stop or wait, when she was still moving he ducked his head down and covered his head.

Once he didn't hear the rolling anymore he looked up to see the bottom part of Reki's skateboard and her in the air.

Time seemed to stop a second time today as he admired her. Once she landed back onto the ground she made a U-turn in order to be next to Langa.

"You good?" She said as she tried to hold in another laugh. Sadly, she let out continuous laughs as tears started forming in her eyes.

Langa admired her beautiful laugh.

"I want to learn how to skate..." Langa said.

Reki immediately stopped as her eyes started forming sparkles in them. She sat down and grabbed Langa's shoulders, as she pull their faces closer together.

"Wait really!?" She said.

Langa nodded a yes in response.

Reki's smile became even bigger as she started jumping up and down for joy.

"I'll be your teacher then!" She said proudly.

Langa quickly nodded a yes.

Reki extended her arm with a closed eye smile.

Langa took her hand and pulled himself up.

"Let's get started!" Reki said.

After lunch

"Now that you can stand on a skateboard, we just need to teach you the basic tricks!" Reki said.

The two of them were walking back to class together side by side.

Langa nodded with determination in his eyes.

"I've got to say..you look like a mess Langa!" Reki said laughing a little.

Langa pouted as he brushed some dirt off his shirt.

"It's ok! It took me a while, but I'm sure you'll get it!" She said.

Langa was determined to learn how to skate and be able to skate anywhere. The infinite possibilities that skating gave you was endless, is what Reki had told him atleast. Every time Reki talked about skating her eyes seem to light up and her smile seems to shine even brighter. That's what Langa admired about her.

"Langa?" Reki said.

Langa flinched as he got out of his thoughts and turned to Reki.

"Yes Reki?" Langa asked.

"Are you ok? You've been zoning out almost the whole day..." Reki said.

Langa realized he made her worried and Langa didn't want her to worry about him. Not even in the slightest.

Langa quickly responded with a "I'm fine" and gave her a small but reassuring smile. Reki slowly nodded but was still skeptical of Langa's behavior today. Maybe it was just her imagination, but every time when Langa zones out he just stares at her. His face would look relaxed and loving eyes were looking at Reki, of course she was too oblivious to notice that.

They made to class on time and sat back down in their seats.

After school

Reki was skating out of school and heading to her part time job. Langa was also heading to apply for a part time job.

-

"Reki!" Yelled her boss.

Reki stopped unboxing things and ran up to him at the front of the store.

"Yes?" She asked.

"I need you to deliver an order at S before midnight today" he said as he handed her the skateboard and name.

"Ok!" She said as she grabbed everything.

-

Langa sighed as he didn't get the job. Nonetheless he might as well just go home for the day, and try again tomorrow. As he was walking her spotted a skateboard shop close by, so being the curious person he is he decided to check it out. Maybe he can buy a skateboard to practice with Reki more often.

As he went inside the shop he spotted a familiar red head and blue headband.

"Reki!?" He yelled out.

Reki yelped as she turned to where the voice came from only to spot Langa. Her smile widened and she ran up to him, giving him a hug.

Langa's face went a bit red but he slowly hugged back. After a few seconds Reki let go and asked hey Langa was here. He told her that he was trying to find a part time job. Reki's eyes lit up as she started talking to her boss and begging him to let Langa work part time here. Langa also joined in with the begging as both succeeded to convince him.

"I guess you can go with Reki to deliver a skateboard" he says.

Reki nodded happily.

"I can show you S as well!" She said happily.

Langa was confused on what "S" was but decided to just go.

"Sure" Langa said.

"YAY!" Reki cheered.