𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩

Start from the beginning

Senku's brow twitched as he watched the scene unfold before him. He was illogical to wait for so long, he didn't even consider the possibility of you getting partnered up with someone else. He sighs, this just backed up his claim that love is indeed illogical and messes with a person's rational thinking.

Not missing a beat, he asked the nearest person to be his partner and they inevitably agreed. He was irritated but nothing could be done, it wasn't like Gyu was ever gonna make a move on (Y/n), he already liked someone else...

...right?

You asked how it went with that Ayasaki girl he liked. He wore a confused look on his face before realizing what you meant and laughed. "I... got rejected?" He laughs it as if it were nothing. You gave him a worried look but it quickly disappeared as Gyu pulled your cheeks.

"Don't give me that look. I don't need your pity, small human." He says jokingly. You laugh and plead for him to stop.

At this point, Senku's blood was once again boiling with jealousy. As if time was on his side, the bell has rung and he 'politely' excused you and himself from Gyu. Surprised, you start to speak, "Bro, calm your tits, the cafeteria food isn't going anywhere."

Senku calms down at your nonchalant manner. His grip loosens and only then did he notice that he was gripping you pretty hard. He muttered a sorry before walking beside you.

You stare at him, confused, but continued on anyway. He had definitely been acting out of character for the past few days and you didn't know why. Your train of thoughts got cut off though as you feel a yawn slowly creep up. Senku chuckled, "It's been a while since you've had a proper sleep here at school, I can see why you're tired ya sleepy head."

You just sleepily nod at his statement and continued to your usual spot.

There, you met Yuzuriha and Taiju who had miraculously got there first before you two. They were excited about the project, to say the least. You failed to pay attention to the conversation however as you slowly drifted off.

Senku noticed this and sighs.

"This idiot probably stayed up late watching anime again."

The other two chuckled at Senku's remark. Their peaceful laughter was interrupted though as a familiar male came into view in Senku's peripheral vision. "What are you doing here?" Senku asked, failing to mask his slight irritability. Taiju and Yuzuriha notice this, looking at the male rather suspiciously. Gyu sighs and looks towards you, who just so happens to be waking up. "I came to have a little chat with (Y/n)." He paused to look at Senku, "It'll be quick."

You stretch and went over to Gyu. "I'll be right back." You turn to your friends with a smile and wave.

Senku watches as you and Gyu slowly walk off into the distance. His vision was covered by Yuzuriha's face of amusement though.

"You're jealous." She smirks.

"No."

"You totally are!"

"Shut up, it's irrelevant."

"So what did that guy want?" Taiju asked as soon as you made it back. They were all done eating, much to your dismay. You hadn't even started yet.

"He wanted to meet up with me during this flower festival thingy. It's pretty far but I agreed anyway, even though it's just for a small school project. The timing is impeccable, to be honest." You say nonchalantly as you took a seat, obviously, next to Senku who sighed when he realized he couldn't drag you out for the weekend since you'll be with someone else.

An idea popped up in his head but he put it aside for now.

You started eating, very quickly might I add, and almost choked yourself. After a few minutes of eating (choking), you finish your food and finally look at your companions who have been staring at you eat. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

Snap!

"I didn't mean it literally but ok, you do you broski."

Yuzuriha chuckles and checked her camera to see what the photo looked like.

"Our theme is portraits if you haven't already figured it out." Taiju laughs. You grin and try to hold back a laugh when you remember Taiju having quite a hard time taking Senku's picture earlier since he kept covering his face or made an unpleasant expression every time.

Yuzuriha smirks, "Hey how about we take a picture of you two together?"

You turn to Senku who just looked at you and shrugged lazily. "Sure, I guess."

"Ok then! Get closer." Taiju basically shoved you two towards each other with a knowing grin. You felt your face heat up but tried to keep a stoic expression.

"Smile!"

Senku put on his infamous smirk and you crossed your arms and matched Senku's expression. The picture looked extremely stiff. Yuzuriha sighed.

"Maybe you two could try loosening up a bit?"

Before you could react, Senku sighed and put his arm around you, and stuck out his tongue while also hesitantly holding up a peace sign. You chuckle at this and the red on your cheeks was probably prominent at this point. You put your arm around him as well and grinned, poking his cheek.

Snap!

"This is priceless." Taiju laughs as he looked at the picture. You two barely smiled and always wore smirks. Your smiles were much often than Senku's though. "Give me a copy of that." Senku tells Yuzuriha, looking at the picture with a soft smile. "Huh, now that you actually bring it up. We never take pictures together, this is literally a first." You laugh.

Senku smiles, "I guess it is."