Chapter 9: Good Old Days

Start from the beginning

"But he's been more of a friend to all of us than you have all been to him." I said looking around at the group, my gaze falling upon Loki.

Now I was angry.

The others seemed to have fallen quiet at your outburst. Before saying any more, I was on my heel, waking away from the meeting room. Hopefully going to get that extra hour of sleep.

Thank you.

I smirked at the mere words that came from his thoughts.

Don't thank me, it's not like you.

You could almost hear the scoff from the other room walking away from the situation that had unfolded. I felt good about that. What I had to say. I was tired of him feeling like he can't breathe around the others.

    I retired to my room after making two plates of toast, separated from one another for Bucky and Loki. Looking pleased with my actions today. But my mission for the day was far from over. But I could final get some sleep, I laid back down and got comfortable before I could even shut my eyes someone spoke.

"Miss Y/N, Mr. Stark has requested you to come down to the lab room immediately."

I rolled my eyes. "You've got to be kidding me. Thank you JARVIS." I rolled out of bed once more and headed down to the Lab. As I stepped in the Lab to my surprise there wasn't an audience, just Tony, Bruce, and Wanda.

"Hey kid, I needed to talk to you about your magic situation." He looked almost as if he was guilty of something. Probably still unsure of how to talk to me after my outburst. I sat down and propped my legs up on the glass table next to Bruce.

"Feet off the table!" Tony squealed. I quickly put my feet down and readjusted myself so I was comfortable.

"I want you to meet the people who are going to be training you," before he could finish, a yellow ring appeared sparking, and a man stepped out of the circle.

"Y/N this is Dr. Stephen Strange, you will be accompanied along with Wanda."

"It's nice to meet you Y/N, my goal is to make sure you are ready before being handed missions. I would like to keep Earth a place of anything but destroyed." The tall man, who I now know as Dr. Strange, greeted me.

"We will start tomorrow okay? So you need to start getting more sleep." Wanda scolded me at my lack of sleep.

We talked a bit about how and when
all of this would be going down and so it was already time for dinner. I made my way to the kitchen to fix myself something before I headed to bed.

Natasha and Thor had been in there, talking about nonsense. They got quiet as I walked in searching through the fridge and I noticed.

"You don't have to be quite when I'm around you know." I said closing the fridge holding an apple.

"We're sorry about earlier. We may have our opinions but you're right, we should at least try." Natasha said looking at her hands.

"You've been here for about 2 months and I haven't considered that maybe it's time to stop going on about him not staying here." She continued, giving me a small smile before turning her gaze back to her hands.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. You know that Natasha." I said leaning against the counter, taking a bite out of my apple.

"I know, I know that. You know I'm not good at that kind of stuff." She sighed.

"What? Admitting your faults?" Thor chimed in, "Neither is my brother." He said glaring at the floor. I furrowed my brows and tossed my half eaten apple at him. Which he proceeded to catch.

"I meant what I said in there Thor. Every word." I said raising my voice.

"Sorry I know. I'm working on it." He tossed my apple back wiping his hand off on his cape.

"Well that's good. Now if you don't mind I am headed to bed." I said jumping off the counter I had been sitting on. They nodded and I left to my bed.

I could finally sleep.