Ch. 3: Words

"There are words that can make you happy. And there's words that can make you sad. And sometimes there's words that can cause you confusion. And there's a few words sometimes regret. Oh there's three words that I long to hear. Especially if they're true. If you mean it, let me hear you say it (I love you). Right now, right now (I love you). Yes, I do. (You know I do). There's words that can just soothe all aches and pains. And there's words that can make the teardrops fall like rain. And there's a little words that could keep an army from goin' to war. But these words oh I've never ever heard before." - Solomon Burke

* * *

Peter truly had thought of everything when he opened the large closet to your new bedroom and pulled out a change of clothes. He handed you your leggings, your favorite white crop, and one of his large flannels before pushing your sneakers out from the back without a second thought.

Your look of serious confusion caused him to chuckle, "What?"

"When did you steal my leggings?"

"I was nervous you'd notice they were missing," he laughed, "I grabbed them the night before our anniversary. Figured we'd stay the night here and then in the morning we could go down to the park, but that's obviously not going to happen now."

"They aren't exactly work clothes," you mused, looking at some of your favorite lounging clothes in your arms.

Peter scoffed and rolled his eyes, "I don't think Tony is going to mind. Here," Peter handed you a towel that was hanging and kissed your forehead, "Let's just shower quickly and we can be on our way."

"But Cindy's waiting downstairs," you clutched your clothes to your chest, "It would be rude to make her wait."

"We smell like sex."

"You're right. She can wait," you said quickly before darting into the large bathroom.

Peter jogged to the door and called downstairs, "We're going to shower quickly and we'll be right down!"

"I'm eating this cake!" Cindy called back, to which Peter smirked.

"You have my shampoo," you cooed softly as Peter stripped quickly and followed you into the gorgeous rainfall shower. He laughed, noticing you standing there naked and pouting like a child holding your favorite shampoo.

"You're not going to believe this, peaches, but I do pay attention to every little detail of your life," Peter stepped under the water and let the water fall over his face, "Plus, I thought it would be nice to smell like you for a bit."

The shower was quick and felt nice and refreshing, and as you brushed your teeth Peter dried your hair as best he could before the two of you were scrambling back down the stairs where Cindy was waiting in the kitchen.

"I think the wig is stupid and ridiculous," Peter said, pulling her into a hug. 

Cindy rolled her eyes but allowed Peter to twirl her around in a circle before he put her back down. You were doing your best to get the last of the knots out of your hair as you reached for your jean jacket, and that's when Cindy's eyes landed on you.

"It's really nice to finally meet you," Cindy walked over and offered her hand, "P's talked a lot about you."

"She's a busy woman," Peter noted, "Always running off to change someone's life."

You scoffed, "I was running off to class, which wasn't the most life-changing."

Cindy's hand was nice and warm, the same slightly warmer temperature that Peter's skin ran, and you felt your cheeks burn at the thought. She was taller than you and up close for the first time you noticed just how flawless she truly was.