“She's fine, a chair leg went threw her side, they want her to stay here to rest for awhile” I tell him. I hear a noise behind me and turn around to see Shelby with her jeans and black shirt on, leaning on the door frame. “Shelby” I say surprised and Dean looks over. “Are you crazy, you should be in bed” I say and help her over to the bed next to Dean. “I'm fine, besides, I hate hospitals and there's no way I'm staying in one” she says and tenses a little when she sits down. “You look like crap” Dean says to Shelby “so do you” she tells him.

“Dean” I say and he clicks off the TV. “All right, well, looks like you're gonna leave town without me” Dean says looking at Shelby and I. “What are you talking about” Shelby asks “we're not gonna leave you here” I tell Dean. “Hey, you better take care of that car. Or, I swear, I'll haunt your asses down” Dean says and looks at Shelby “and no driving it, not until I'm dead for at least a year” he says. “That's not funny Dean” Shelby says to him. “Oh, come on, it's a little funny” Dean says with a little smile. There is a long silence and I look down, fighting tears.

“Dean” Shelby says shaking her head “look you two, what can I say, it's a dangerous gig. I drew the short straw, that's it, end of story” Dean said “don't talk like that, alright? We still have options” I say “what options” Dean asks “yeah, burial or cremation. And I know it's not easy, but I'm gonna die, and neither one of you are going to stop it” Dean says.

“Watch me” I say mad and leave.

Shelby

I watched as Sam left and looked at Dean, trying to fight the tears. “I'm not going to let you die” I say and Dean sighs “Shelby” Dean starts “no, you didn't give up on me when I was dragged to hell. And I was a lost cause, I was dead, but your not” I said and stood up, fighting the pain “and I'm not going to let you” I said before leaving “Shelby, Shelby” Dean called and I stop with a sigh and turned to face him “what” I say. Dean swings the covers off and sits up “I'm coming with you” he said.

Sam

My bed is covered in pages of research about heart care. I sit on the bed and call someone hearing the same voice I've been hearing for awhile. “This is John Winchester. I can't be reached. If this is an emergency, call my son, Dean. 866-907-3235. He can help”. I start to fight back the tears as I talk “hey, Dad. It's Sam. Uh, you probably won't even get this, but, uh, it's Dean. He's sick, and the doctors say there's nothing they can do. Um, but, uh, they don't know the things we know, right? So, don't worry, cause I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get him better. Alright, just wanted you to know” I say and hang up, toss the phone on the bed and just sit there silently.

There is a knock on the door and I quick look up, tears in my eyes as I get out of bed and open the door to find Dean leaning against the door frame, looking terrible as Shelby as one of Dean's arm's wrapped around her shoulder. I'm surprised, happy, and confused all at once. “What the hell are you two doing here” I ask “well, I wasn't going to let you save our brother without some help” Shelby says. “And I'm not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren't even hot” Dean says, walking in, leaning on everything he can while Shelby helps hold him up.

I laugh and shut the door “you know, this whole I-laugh-in-the-face-of-death thing? It's crap. I can see right through it” Sam says “yeah, whatever, dude, have you even slept? You look worse than me” Dean says “um, girl with a hole in her side trying to hold pretty much dead wait over here” Shelby says and I take Dean, helping him in a chair. “I've been scouring the Internet,calling every contact in Dad's journal” “for what” Dean asked as Shelby walked over to the other bed and laid down, looking up at the ceiling.

“For a way to help you, one of Dad's friends, Joshua, he called me back. Told me about a guy in Nebraska. A specialist” I said “you're not gonna let me die in peace, are you” Dean asks me and I smile “I'm not gonna let you die, period. We're going” I say and look over at Shelby “you up for a road trip” I say and Shelby raises her hand, showing a thumbs up.