Chapter One

~Aki's POV~

I'm awake, but my eyelids are heavy and I can barely open them. My arms are laid in front of me, as if I were sleeping in my arms, which I probably am. Possibly, I'm sleeping on a desk, the hard wood carrasing the side of my head. Then, a large ammount of adrenaline courses through me, and I take my head off the desk. I'm surrounded by high school students, but there is one in particular who stands in front of me, with red/purple hair and blue eyes.

She smiles at me and extends a hand. "Hey, newb! My name's Yurippe, but you can call me Yuri. Welcome to the Afterlife!"

I stare at her hand, and in reality, I think I'm dreaming. "My name's Aki." I say and take her hand. I decide to trust this girl, because she seems trust worthy. But I'm not sure about this "Afterlife". I see a gun at her side, and I look at her. "It's not that I don't trust you, but Afterlife is hard to wrap my head around." I gesture to her gun. "Prove it to me, please."

Everyone else gets a surised look, but I glare at them all. "What?! It's my own choice, ain't it?"

Yuri looks impressed. "Kay, Aki." She pulls the silver pistol out, and I stand, waiting. If she shoots me, I'll die if she's lying. But yet, I have a feeling this is all real, so why risk this? She points it at my chest, and fires. It hurts like heck.

"Argh!" I put a hand over the wound. I'm still breathing, but how? I stand up. "Well, you've proven Afterlife to me." I pull the bullet out, and it's hard, and it stings, but I pull it out and place it on the desk. I smirk at her. "Now what, Yuri?"

She pulls out a knife and hands it to me. "Welcome, to the SSS."