FOUR

FOUR

 ❝A Price To Pay.❞

─ ☆°•

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

Sarah:

come over. were sneaking out to a party with Topper tonight.

The dark haired beauty found herself walking through the skyscraper doors without notice, dropping her bags to the floor as she kicked off her sandals, green eyes roaming the rather empty house.

"Sarah?" Ophelia called out softly, bare feet tapping lightly against the floor as she made way through the Cameron household.

Ophelia Martin was always welcomed in the Cameron household, for various reasons. One, being she was best friends with both Sarah and Rafe.

Two. Her father, Richard, and Ward Cameron had been best friends since childhood, the pair in business alongside each other for as long as they could remember.

Today, although, the Martin girl felt particularly uninvited, the voices outside growing louder, dripping in anger with every word spoke.

"I just don't feel like you care." Ward Cameron spoke sternly, Ophelia following the sound of his voice as she crept closer, her stomach in knots as she heard his voice. "I said I do." Wards son argued back, his coral coloured button up in the girl's line of sight.

"I know you said you do." Rafe, shaking his head playfully, had captured Ophelia's attention and held her in a trance, barely noticing the younger Cameron girl come up beside her. "O?" She whispered, the pair meeting eyes before trailing off towards the balcony.

"What more do you want me to say?" Rafe interjected, clearly angered by his father's words "I don't want you to say anything. I want you to take care of business." Words stung the blonde who shouldn't have been there in the first place, her mind wandering to her own father, a stone cold man who although held a soft spot for his only child, had her develop in a 'if you aren't first, you're last' environment.

"What about the back up generators? I gave you money for the back up generators. You said you would take care of it. Did you take care of it? Where are they?"

Ophelia was rather confused. Once, Rafe Cameron told her absolutely everything. Today, although, that didn't seem to be the case.

Sarah, on the other hand, leaned slightly adjacent to the door, pressing her ear firmly against it to listen closer, giving the girl a small smile and a simple shrug, as if she was telling the girl it wasn't her place to speak on the topic.

Ophelia wasn't afraid to be seen. In fact, she stood in the same position, almost hoping Ward's eyes drifted her way. She was known to be in the right place conveniently at the right time, getting Rafe out of the uncomfortable conversations with his father, similar to the ones Ophelia faced herself at home.