PROLOGUE

─ ☆°•

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

Ophelia Martin was the definition of a Kook. Born and raised into a trust fund family, living on the North Side of the island in a gated community with too many bedrooms to begin to count.

She was adored by many, hated by some. Though, you ought to say it was pure and utter jealously.

Her father, Richard Martin, owned half the island on top of his business partnership with the Cameron's, her loving mother one of the many stay at home mom's on the North Side.

Ophelia Martin had been best friends with Sarah Cameron for as long as she could remember. The pair shared a tight knit bond that couldn't be broken, some would say like sisters, so a few years prior when Ophelia started spending majority of her time around her older brother, it didn't phase the middle Cameron child what so ever.

Rafe Cameron grew up in wealth. The tanned and proper boy held a strong hatred towards the South Side of the Island, where the Pogue's remained on the cut, a life the pampered and spoiled trust fund baby never wanted to experience.

Rafe was the total opposite of Ophelia. Full of pure hatred, anger running through his veins. She was calm, the slightest smile making everyone around feel utter bliss. There friendship was a surprise to many, though at the slightest touch and the soft whispers of his name, Ophelia Martin was the one and only person able to calm the Cameron boy down from his heated state, a girl he found safety in the moment he was wrapped in her arms.

He was over protective. She was blind to the obvious -

everyone had seen it, everyone but them.

Though they may not ever speak the words aloud, the truth was never hidden. How ever much they were to deny any and all feelings towards one another, they always found themselves together when the sun began to set.