All my tears have been used up || Sakura Ogami 🥀☁️ female reader

Sakura Ogami X GenderNeutral!Reader

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

As Y/N was walking down the hallway with Kiyoko and Makoto, Aoi came running out into the hallway, her face white as a sheet. "G-guys! It's Sakura!" "W-what? Is she ok?" Said Y/N. "I-I don't know, come here!" The trio quickly followed Aoi, and arrived in the rec room. Sakura was slumped over slightly, her eyes closed. "Sakura? Sweetheart!" Y/N called through the glass, banging it. "Has she been drugged to sleep?" Asked Makoto. "I-I don't know," said Aoi. She was on the verge of tears. "I-I found this." Aoi passed Y/N a sheet of paper. Kiyoko and Makoto looked over their shoulders to read it.

Such brudity has made me desperate.
So instead of just waiting to be killed, I'll do it by my own hands.

Y/N felt their heart drop. They immediately spun back to the rec room door, and started banging on it. "SAKURA, IF THIS IS A JOKE, THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" They yelled, tears appearing in their eyes. Aoi ran back into the scene, holding a broom. She handed it to Y/N. With all their might, Y/N smashed the broom against the window, and smashed it. They threw the broom aside, going forwards and reaching her hands through the window to try and push away the chair baracading the door. They cut their arm on the glass, but didn't care. They managed to get the chair away, and forced the door open. They ran in, their heart beating fast as they approached Sakura with shaking hands. They took in a deep breath before reaching out and pressing their forefingers and thumb to her wrist.

There was nothing.

All Y/N felt was the cold touch of death. "N-no.." They muttered. They slid to the floor, their eyes wide open, staring at their hands in their lap as tear after tear fell down, dampening their shirt.

*ding dong, dong ding*
A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin!

Aoi reached out and touched Y/N shoulder. "Come on. W-we need to investigate."

After the class trial

After a long and hard trial, the conclusion was: Sakura had killed herself. Y/N made their way back to their room shakily, and as soon as they got in and locked the door, they slid down the back of it and started crying. Silent tears. They just kept on coming. When they stood up, deciding it was more comfortable to cry on her bed, they noticed something. A white letter. It was addressed; 'to my love.'

Y/N shakily opened the letter and read;

Dear Y/N,
Don't read this until you have seen me in the rec room. There is something important there.

Now, I'm not going to put any important information in this, like Aoi's,, just in case, because I do not want Monokuma to take this away.

Y/N; out of all the things I did remember when I started this hellish killing game, I'm glad I remembered you, and I'm glad you remembered me too. Maybe I didn't show it, but I was beyond happy that I had someone to protect. Someone to trust. Someone to love. When Monokuma revealed I was the spy for the future foundation, you didn't care about it. You comforted me and yelled at anyone of prejudiced me. For that, I am grateful. You have meant more to me then I can put into words. You're my everything. Keep fighting with the others to take down Monokuma and the mastermind. I'll be waiting for you when you come home.

I love you, ok?

-Sakura

Y/N felt their hands shaking as they read the letter. They closed the letter again, and, tears streaming down their face, turned to the security camera, anger and sadness overwhelming her. "Monokuma! You started this killing game because you wanted despair, right?? Well, look at me, you want despair, you got despair, just give me back Sakura!" Y/N's voice broke on the last sentence, and they collapsed on the floor, crying.

—————————————————

After the last trial, after the mastermind had been defeated; Y/N and the others stood in front of the gate to the outside world. There was a large white light when they opened it, and- then Y/N couldn't see anything. They could hear beeping though. They opened their eyes, and felt something being taken off their face. They tried to sit up, but were pushed back down by someone.

"Hey, you just relax. I saw you on the cameras, you went through a lot. Just stay there for a minute." Y/N did as the stranger said, because their body felt like a bag of sand. They opened their eyes, and adjusted to the light slowly. It was bright white around them, and they heard beeping. Were they in a hospital? They felt a couple of sharp pains in their arm, most likely come cannulas or needles being taken out, along with her oxygen mask.

They felt someone sit them up very slowly. They opened their eyes to see a nurse. "Would you like some water?" "Y-yes please... where am I?" They asked as the nurse gave them a cup of cold water and Y/N took a sip. "The practical part of the hope's peak exam," she said. "Principal Monokuma explained you would all forget when you woke up from the killing game. It was only a simulation, but when you were in there, you all forgot that. Your memories will come back in the next couple of hours, let me take you through to the rehabilitation room."

Y/N, feeling a little more awake (yet weak), sat on a wheelchair as they were wheeled to a room that said 'rehab.' The door opened and they saw Byakuya, Toko, both without glasses, Kyoko, with her hair down, Aoi, also with her hair down, Hiro, and Makoto. The nurse wheeled them over to Makoto, and then left the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Exam for hopes peak story, huh?" Said Aoi, looking around at the rest. "Yeah, weird," said Byakuya. "I'm now looking back at the killing game and wondering why I was such a bitch to you all the time." Makoto nodded. "Something about me feels different, too. I can't put my finger on it, but I wasn't myself. Was it maybe like programmed personalities?" The rest nodded in agreement.

Over the next few days, everyone was nursed back to health and they had got their memories back. Apparently, this was part of the hopes peak entrance exam, and the whole class had passed, and Junko and mukuro were computer sprites. But, after three days of being looked after and nursed back to health, they were seeing their class again for the first time after their 'deaths.'

They were in the ACTUAL hopes peak academy, and Makoto, Y/N, Aoi, Toko, Byakuya, Hiro and Kyoko all stood in front of the doors to the gymnasium, where their class was waiting. They nodded, and opened the doors. The people standing inside looked around, and smiled. Sayaka. Leon. Chihiro. Mondo. Taka. Hifumi. Celeste. And... Sakura.

There was a general cry of greeting, and everyone congregated in the middle of the hall. Y/N however, ignored their friends, and immediately ran over to Sakura, giving her a bear hug. "Never scare me like that's again, okay??" Said Y/N, looking up at Sakura's scarred face. "I promise, she said, crouching down and wrapping her arms around Y/N, who gratefully returned the hug, smiling. "I love you." "I Love you, too. Never leave me again."