Chapter Two.

Chapter Two.

***Brooke's POV.***

School came and went in a flash, if you'd call a flash the most boring day of your life. However, it was a LOT better than I'd thought it'd be, but I owe that all to Mason.

Mom was here to pick me up at 4 on the dot, Joey sitting in the back of the car fast asleep. I don't know how that works, his school was only 5 minutes away from mine, but I bet his first day must've knocked it out of him.

"Hey hun." Mom whispered as I climbed in the car.

"Hi mom."

"So..." she started, "how was your first day?"

"Good."

"Make any new friends?"

"A few."

Mom eyed me a little before she started driving, obviously catching on to the slight blush that I desperately tried to hide.

"Anyone there that you've got your eye on?" She asked, amusement in her voice.

"What?"

"You know... anyone you fancy?"

"Seriously mom, fancy? We don't live in the Middle Ages anymore y'know."

"Don't try and change the subject young lady."

"Mom, I've been at school for one day. Be real."

My mom didn't say anything else, neither did I, but I heard her chuckle under her breath occasionally as she would try and look at me. Joey remained fast asleep in the back, gently breathing aloud as we drove home.

When we got home mom pulled him onto her shoulder and carried him into the house, noticing dad was home.

"Hey darling." Dad called to mom from the kitchen.

"One sec George..." Mom replied as she took Joey upstairs to put him to bed.

Deciding that dad would want to talk to me about my first day sooner or later, I walked into the kitchen choosing to get it over with already.

"Hey dad."

"Ah, Brooke. How was your first day?" Like I said...

"It was good, yeah people are nice." I lied. People nice? HA.

"That's nice honey."

I paced over to the fridge and pulled out a carton of orange juice not bothering to get a cup. My dad was buttering some bread, his back to me, so I ran out of the kitchen before he could tell me off for drinking out of the carton.

I swear, I should be a ninja.

I got to the bottom of the stairs, just in time to hear my mother saying goodnight to Joey. He's such a lazy git, honestly.

"Mom." I called quietly as I walked up the stairs.

"Yes Brooke?"

"I love you."

"I love you too..." she paused, narrowing her eyes at me, "now, what do you want?"

"Absolutely nothing. How dare you think that of me!" I exclaimed, adding a hint of insult into my voice. It was a little fib, but what I wanted I wasn't going to ask for. I was going to 'borrow' it without permission. By sucking up to my mom, it'd make the punishment (if there was one) a little easier on me.

"Hmm."

Trying to convince my mom, I grinned wildly at her, baring all of my pearly white teeth. I knew she'd see through my façade a little but there was no hard evidence going against me.