Jailbreak & Don't Mess with Mother Hen

Chapter 2: Jailbreak & Don't Mess with Mother Hen

Harry sat on his bed. His window was barred and his door locked. His stomach rumbled. He was starving. He remembered three days earlier a house elf named Dobby showed up warning him not to go to Hogwarts. It turns out Dobby was the one who had kept his friends' letters from him. When Harry said that he had to go back to Hogwarts Dobby ended up dropping a cake on the Dursley's houseguests and that's how Harry ended up trapped in his room like a jail cell. How was he suppose to live like this for another four weeks? It was getting darker outside so he decided to try and go to sleep.

Later that evening, Harry awoke to a light in his eyes. He grabbed his glasses off his nightstand and put them on. He saw the light coming from his window. When he looked out the window he was shocked to see Ron, Claire, Fred and George in a flying car.

"Ron! Claire!" Harry breathed, creeping to the window and pushing it up so they could talk through the bars. "How did you-What the-?"

"All right, Harry?" asked George.

"What's been going on?" Ron said. "Why haven't you been answering our letters? I've asked you to stay about twelve times, and then Dad came home and said you'd got an official warning for using magic in front of Muggles-"

"It wasn't me-and how did you know?"

"He works for the Ministry," Ron said. "You know we're not supposed to do spells outside of school-"

"You should talk," Harry said, staring at the floating car.

"Oh, this doesn't count, Harry." Claire said. "We're only borrowing this. It's Mr. Weasley's, he enchanted it, not us. Now enough gibber, we've come to break you out of this jail cell."

"But you can't magic me out either-"

"You're forgetting who we've got with us." Ron said.

"Tie that around the bars," Fred said, throwing the end of a rope to Harry.

"If the Dursleys wake up, I'm dead," Harry said as he tied the rope tightly around a bar and Fred revved up the car.

"Don't worry," Fred said, "and stand back."

"And get your trunk ready while Fred's taking care of the bars." Claire said.

Harry moved back into the shadows next to Hedwig, who seemed to have realized how important this was and kept still and silent. The car revved louder and louder and suddenly, with a crunching noise, the bars were pulled clean out of the window as Fred drove straight up in the air. Harry ran back to the window to see the bars dangling a few feet above the ground. Ron and Claire hoisted them up into the car. When the bars were safely in the back seat with Ron and Claire, Fred reversed as close as possible to Harry's window.

"Hand us your trunk." Claire said.

Harry carried his trunk to the windowsill and Ron and Claire lifted the trunk into the car. He then handed Hedwig to Claire, who put Hedwig in the backseat. Suddenly, Harry's bedroom crashed open revealing Harry's Uncle Vernon looking extremely livid.

"Petunia! He's getting away!" He yelled.

Harry scrambled through the windowsill. Ron, Claire, and George helped Harry into the car, but not before Uncle Vernon grabbed Harry's ankle.

"Let him go!" Claire yelled.

The Weasleys and Claire gave one final tug and Harry's leg slid out of Uncle Vernon's grasp-Harry was in the car- he'd slammed the door shut-

"Put your foot down, Fred!" Claire and Ron yelled, and the car shot suddenly toward the moon.

Harry couldn't believe it- he was free. He rolled down the window, the night air whipping his hair, and looked back at the shrinking rooftops of Privet Drive. Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley were all hanging, dumbstruck, out of Harry's window.