A Rainy Night

(THIRD PERSON POV)
It was a Rainy night in Shady Oaks, only Squid, Dan and James were on the server. When suddenly an odd message appears.

[<DanTDM was slain by DanTDM>]

"How stupid do you have to be to get killed by yourself." thought Squid to himself while cutting down the last tree. He heads home to store the wood and goes over to Dan's base, not very surprisingly he sees James. "What are you doing here?" asks Squid, "I could ask you the same thing." said James. James starts typing in chat

[Thnxcya<Vc dan?>]
...
No response. Squid checks if Dan was still online, he was but why wasn't he answering? They decide to go inside Dan's base and search for him. After awhile Squid gets the idea of going inside Dan's secret base. James agrees and crafts a button. It takes awhile for them to find the place the button should be but they figure it out. When they get inside they see Dan's body covered in blood and his head disabled from his body. Squid and James stare at the body in shock. While James stares at the body Squid starts looking around the room for traces. "How did this happen?!" said James, "I don't know, don't ask me!" said Squid. Soon enough they decided to take a break and look for traces tomorrow.

(next day-O B V I O U S L Y)

(ECKOS POV)
I log onto the server to see James, Squid and Dan online. James and Squid greet me as usual but why is Dan so quiet? Doesn't matter, he's probably just afk.

[<Eckosolider joined the game>]
[iballisticsquid<WAG1>]
[Thnxcya<hello>]
[Eckosolider<hello boys>]
[Thnxcya<hey ecko, can you come over in a bit?]
[Eckosolider<sure]

I start chopping down some trees, when I head over to my village I see James and Squid talking. "Hey guys!" I shout, James takes a glance at me before shouting "Hey Ecko!". "So, what's up? You wanted to talk?" I ask James. He takes a look at Squid before taking a deep breath, "Well uh, we found Dan's body yesterday in his secret base."
...
What? How? He's online so he has to be alive-but James wouldn't lie to me, right?
"...Is this a sick joke?" I ask, "Sadly, no." interrupts Squid before James could say anything. As I look at the ground I can feel my eyes filling up with tears. My friend, dead. "Well, when the death message popped up it only said DanTDM was slain by DanTDM." said James. Did Dan do it on purpose or was it an accident? Was Dan even suicidal in the first place? Either way, I felt guilty. I couldn't help him. Then I realize "Wait, you guys didn't bury the body?". "Oh crap, now that place is gonna stink so bad now!" they both started to panic. We head over to Dan's secret place. "That's..odd. We left the body here, where is it?" said Squid confused. I spot an odd block, "Hey guys, was this block always here?" I ask, "No, that block was definitely not there before." replies James. Out of curiosity, Squid breaks the block and we find a pitch black room. "What the- there's nothing but a chest in here." said Squid. We look inside the chest to find a compass, "Is this the enchanted table language?" asked James. "Yeah, that's the enchanted table language." I reply. "Well, should we follow it?" I ask, "I mean, sure. What's the worst that can happen?" said Squid.

 What's the worst that can happen?" said Squid

Chapter 1: done
598 words

(Aaa- I had to write this chapter 3 times :') also I accidentally deleted the original book, I wanted to make chapter 2 and I still might today.)