Chapter 7 - 𝑨𝒑𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

Start from the beginning

"Thank you!" He grinned up at you.

"You're welcome." You smiled and gave him a small kiss on the forehead.

Now that he was busy, you grabbed your laptop and opened it. The screen took a while to load but you were use to it by now so you waited patiently before you could type in your password.

The holidays were quickly approaching and you wanted to do something. Nothing too big of course. But you weren't sure you'd be able to with the limited amount of funds you had. Not to mention Taiyo's birthday that would soon be here.

You opened a new tab on your laptop and sighed as you saw the as for Bouncing Ball Corp. The interview was tomorrow and in order to get a spot you needed to book one in advance...

You grabbed your phone and took a deep breath. Dialing the number you saw on the screen, you put the phone to your ear.

After a few rings someone picked up. "Hello, this is Bella Cortez, secretary to the CEO of bouncing ball Corp. Is there any way I can assist you?"

[Y/n] cleared her throat as she spoke. "I was calling for the personal assistant job opening." Clicks of a keyboard could be heard in the background.

"Name?"

"[F/n] [L/n]." The keyboard noises seized and Bella didn't say anything else.

"Hello? Is everything alright?" You snapped the woman out of her temporary trance. She cleared her throat and continued typing.

"All is in order. Now [Y/n], the interviews will take place at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow. Your resume and identity, as well as your application form, are needed. Is it okay if I send them to you?"

"Yes please."

You heard some mumbling in the background and she went quiet again before she spoke. "It's a little late to mail the forms to you; however, if you provide me with your address, I'll send a driver to deliver it to you instead."

Even though you thought it was odd that she couldn't just email it to you, you gave her your address anyway.

"Okay, that's it. Hiijiri is his name, and he'll be there in about 25 minutes. He'll even bring you a resume outline that you can fill out."

"Thank you."

She stopped once more. That was the first time the woman had received a thank you over the phone in a long time. "You're welcome [Y/n]," the woman speaks. "I look forward to seeing you tomorrow."

When you hung up the phone, Taiyo appeared and climbed into your lap.

"What's going on?" He seemed to be in a state of pessimism.

You ran your hands through his hair and it. "Mommy is going to get a new job."

Tears welled up in his eye as he pouted. "Why?" He wondered. Mr. Reo and the arcade were something Taiyo didn't want to abandon.

"It's...a bit complicated." You didn't want him hurting his head thinking about it. After all, he was just a kid.

"Will Khenma still come to see us?" He asked softly and my heart shattered. 

"I don't know baby, but I'm sure he might." He nodded his head and layed on me. You felt kind of guilty having to lie to him like that but what else could you do? Kenma probaly wouldn't come around as often, but that was okay.

You heard a knock on your door after what seemed like seven minutes of Taiyo lying on you and playing with your shirt.

As you approached the entrance, you picked up Taiyo and balanced him on your hip. When you unlocked the door, you made eye contact with a  fairly tall man with straight blue hair and glasses.

"...Are you Hiijiri?" You asked and he looked over you for a second like he was examining you.

Well, you were hoping it was Hiijiri and not some insane guy in a suit, because that would be quite disturbing.

He nodded his head after some time. "You're right," Hiijiri began to speak. "Secretary Bella dispatched me to deliver these to you." He reached his hand out and you took the white folder from the man's hand, thanking him properly. He continued to stare at you until his gaze was drawn mostly towards Taiyo.

The boy was more than recognizable to him.

"How unprofessional of him..." You overheard him muttering something under his breath that you couldn't quite decipher.

"I wish you luck with your interview." For a split second Hiijiri glanced over at Taiyo and Taiyo smiled when he looked up at him, as though he recognized the man. You shut the door as the man started to walk away.

"Why is everything so weird today.." You said lowly and Taiyo shrugged as he jumped off your hip to go watch more television. You returned to your couch and took out a pen to complete the application forms due the next day.

 You returned to your couch and took out a pen to complete the application forms due the next day