Chapter 22 - Networking

Start from the beginning

"Look, I get you've got a thing going on with Y/N, but I need a good grade, so if you could--"

"Huh? The hell are you talking about?" Bakugou demanded, immediately becoming defensive.

"Your crush on her or whatever. Can we just continue the--"

"I do NOT have a crush on that shithead," Bakugou snarled, pointing an accusing finger at Kaminari's face.

"Really? Cause I'm pretty sure I saw you taking her clothes off this morning," he retorted, wiggling his eyebrows. "I don't blame you, Bakubro, she's got a nice--"

"Shut the fuck up before I melt you."

Kaminari laughed. "Dude, just ask her out! I'm sure you're better in bed than Hawks--" He gasped and covered his mouth.

Bakugou's head whipped back to stare at Kaminari. "She's slept with Hawks?"

"Fuck. Oh fuck. Please don't tell anyone I said that. When Mina gets back from her trip she's gonna kill me, please don't say anything--"

"God, shut up! I don't care!" Bakugou growled, rolling his eyes. 

So she had slept with Hawks.

Several half-assed conversations later, Bakugou was sitting at Y/N's table. She was stroking her fake mustache. "Ah, Mr. Bakugou. I've heard of you. You're the one with the anger problem, eh?"

"Hey, you're not exactly--" He started, but Y/N raised an eyebrow at him and he sighed. "I have been known for that. But I am... not that anymore," he lied.

"Mmm, good to hear! Tell me about yourself, Dynamight," she said, leaning against the table.

Bakugou paused for a moment. "You know my hero name? You do some research, sir?" he teased, clearly directing the question at Y/N rather than the character she was playing.

Her cheeks flushed a bit. "Ah-- yes, well--"

"Not surprised. I have quite a few fans," he dared, leaning on the table too. "You're blushing, sir. Should I get you a glass of water?"

Y/N's jaw dropped. Adrenaline shot through his body at being able to make her flush red.

"Tell me about your quirk," she demanded, changing the subject.

"I make explosions."

"You make explosions, huh? How?"

"With my quirk."

Y/N rolled her eyes. "Okay, awesome. Informative. Glad I got to know you better."

"You're awfully sarcastic for an agency rep. Not very professional," he teased, taking a sip from the plastic cup of water in front of him. 

"I'm not professional? You're about as good at conversation as Todoroki."

Bakugou glared at her for the insulting comparison. "Fuck you. I'm better than that fucking half and half."

"If you swear like that at the event, you're not going to--"

"You've got a sailor's mouth too and we both know it," he interrupted. "You're going to be swearing there just as much as me, smartass."

"I'm not participating."

Bakugou glared at her. "The fuck you mean you're not participating?"

"I'm not a student here, Dynamight. And I don't have a quirk. You really think an agency is gonna want my sorry ass?"

Bakugou scoffed. "Agencies need tinkers, too. Not just heroes."

Y/N shrugged. "Sure, but this event isn't about me getting scouted, it's about you guys getting scouted. I'm supposed to stay out of the way."

"They told you that?" Bakugou snapped. "Those assholes--"

"It was implied. I'm not mad. I mean... I get it, y'know? I'm supposed to stay under the radar. Play it cool. I won't even be wearing a hero costume, probably just some dress I'll borrow from Momo. I'm lucky I'm invited in at all."

It still didn't feel right to Bakugou. She was a part of the group now, and her being excluded pissed him off. 

"Plus, I don't exactly want to talk to Hawks again. It's a blessing that I don't have to engage with the agencies."

"Don't stress, Tinkerbell, he'll be blown sky high if he even tries," he said without thinking. It came out much more possessive than he wanted.

"You think you can take Hawks?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

Bakugou barked out a laugh. "What, that shithead? He's only ranked #2 because women want to sleep with him."

"Well then you better start finding hookups so you can be #1," she teased.

"No fucking thanks."

Y/N laughed. "Are you saving yourself for marriage, Mr. Dynamight?"

"Shut up. I just don't do hookups."

Y/N looked surprised to hear that, putting her chin in her hand and leaning forward to study his face. Her eyes were dancing trying to hold back her laughter. "So at what point does Katsuki Bakugou consider sex acceptable?"

He stared at her for a bit before answering her, examining the look on her face. "You trying to get in my pants, Y/N?"

Y/N laughed. "No chance."

"Mhm, so you're just gonna pretend you haven't been staring at my lips? You want a taste, Tinkerbell?" 

Bakugou only had a few seconds to enjoy the look on her face before Aizawa blew his whistle and he had to leave Y/N, who was thoroughly flustered.