"I'm alright. I think I'm gonna hit the hay too. I've got some stuff I want to work on in the morning," he says, shrugging his shoulders while waving his hand in a dismissive manner. I perk a brow, wondering what he could be wanting to work on at a time like this. 

Then again, people cope differently. 

To each their own, I suppose. 

"If you need anything, just let us know," I say, sending him a knowing look before glancing over to Din. I nod my head towards the room before slowly making my way over to it. My husband bids my brother goodnight before following me, closing the room door behind us. I look at him and immediately realize that the kid isn't in his arms. I furrow my brows and look around the room, not seeing him anywhere in sight. 

"He's sleeping in Poe's room," Din says before I can even ask. "Kes had a little bed that he could use during our stay."

I nod my head in response and let out a sigh of relief, happy to hear that Grogu is safe and okay. I fall back onto the bed, closing my eyes for a few moments. 

"Tired?" he questions, slowly walking over to the edge of the bed. I smile and let out a light chuckle, slowly opening my eyes to peer up at him. He slides his helmet off and sets it down on the floor near the bedside table. 

"How's Kes doing?" I ask, wondering how his time with my brother has been. Din smiles softly and shrugs his shoulders. 

"He's okay. Just trying to work through everything that's happening right now," he answers, kneeling down in front of me. He unlaces my boots and slides them off for me, placing them next to his helmet. I let out another yawn and sink further into the soft mattress. "Come on, let's get to bed."

He tugs his shirt off and passes it over to me. I lazily pull myself up and strip down to my undergarments, sliding his shirt on before walking over to the small closet in the room. I slide one of the doors open and grab a pair of loose shorts, sliding them on with ease as well. 

"You have clothes here?" he questions. I turn around to face him, nodding my head. 

"I used to come here like every other week, so they ended up letting me stash some clothes here in case I ever needed them," I say, shrugging my shoulders while pointing towards the closet behind me. He hums and wraps his arms around my waist, spinning us both around before tipping us both back. His back quickly meets the mattress and he drags me down with him. I rest my chin on his bare chest, meeting his soft gaze. 

"You okay?" he asks, peering down at me. 

"I'm fine."

"You feeling okay after finding out about Shara?" he continues. I tense up for a few moments, but I quickly relax in his embrace. I stay silent, trying to figure out how to word what I'm feeling. "I think you got caught up in trying to make Poe feel better that you didn't get to even think about it."

I flick my eyes away from his gaze, thinking a few things over before speaking. 

"When I showed up on their doorstep like a sad, abandoned loth-cat after my New Republic friends got me back on my feet, Shara welcomed me with open arms," I explain, "Kes was a little shocked about finally seeing his long-lost sister after a couple of decades, Poe didn't understand the weight of the situation, and Shara was the one to make sure that I felt welcomed in their home, regardless of the fact that she barely even knew me. All she knew was that I was related to Kes, and that seemed to be enough for her to offer hospitality in every form."

I let out a long sigh and close my eyes, thinking back to the first time I had met Shara.

She had been the first one to really welcome me back into the family regardless of everything that had happened. She trusted me wholeheartedly when it came to staying in the house and taking care of Poe. She always tried to include me in things whenever we were both free.