Epilogue

(CW: vague timeskip spoilers)

"Number 12!" rang a booming voice out of the speakers of the gymnasium

"Number 12!" rang a booming voice out of the speakers of the gymnasium. "Wing spiker! Bokuto Koutarou!"

    You cheered along with the rest of the crowd as you watched your boyfriend of years run onto the court in his usual manner. He ran past all of his teammates, high-fiving each of them as he took in the glory of the audience's cheers.

    "He's something else," Kuroo muttered from next to you.

    You turned to him with a smile. "Well, that's what we fell in love with."

    He smiled back with that same crooked smile from high school. He really was never going to stop smiling like that, was he?

    Watching Bokuto's professional level games was yours and Kuroo's favorite activity when you were able to get to them. He was absolutely glorious on the court and you enjoyed being able to support him as much as you could. Though work got in the way sometimes and ruined your fun, tonight was a special Friday where you were able to attend the full time and watch him dominate in his sport.

    Kuroo and you both worked in sports promotion, which is what made it so hard to get away from work in order to watch Bokuto's games carefree-- his games quite literally were your work a high portion of the time. It was nice for that same reason, though. The three of you worked so closely on the same things that it felt like all that you did complimented the careers of both of your boyfriends perfectly.

    It wasn't easy getting to this point, but you wouldn't call the journey grueling or anything horrible. After you had returned home after your initial exchange trip to Japan years ago, you worked hard in order to build up your grades and other resume features to apply to a bunch of Tokyo schools.

    Luckily you had landed a spot in the same school that Kuroo was accepted to. Telling your mother that you had a school opportunity there made telling her the news that you were leaving again much easier. It was a well-ranked school and after you expressed how much of a dream it was to you, she quickly accepted that you would be moving away for a longer term.

    Throughout your schooling, you would bounce between the houses of your friends and boyfriends' on breaks. Then, you would usually go home for a couple months out of your longer summer breaks.

    During the breaks between you sophomore year and junior year and the next year between junior and senior, Bokuto and Kuroo had actually come back with you to America and the three of you found a crappy townhouse in your hometown that was cheap on rent to stay at.

    Kuroo worked a local internship position while you worked as a waitress. Bokuto continued his volleyball pursuit and basically played on as many teams as he could manage. Him and Kuroo even joined a local club team together and, from what you could gather, they had quickly made names for themselves in local volleyball as if Bokuto needed more of a name for himself in that sport.