:: 28 ::

I LOVED YOU FIRST

Wang Yibo P.O.V

I get out of my office at downtown Beijing to go to the studio. I have a schedule for a photoshoot of a sports goods brand. They want me to be their brand ambassador starting from the next month and this is the photoshoot for a magazine that will break that news. It's sometimes tiring to show your face to the world without revealing what's inside your heart! But as of now, I'm a pro in it. I even earned myself the title of cold prince of Wang Telecoms.

I let the buttons of my coat loose and recline my head to the backrest watching the high-rises of Beijing woosh by through the car window.

It's been a little less than three years that I took charge of Wang Telecom's sister company, The Wang Holdings. It was actually my mom's idea to put me into the business. Brother was already taking care of Wang Telecoms. And to help me distract from extreme emotional stimulations mom thought up an idea of putting me into business. And I didn't disagree thinking that it will actually help me. Distraction is what I needed at that time. To try and live a normal life, to move on.

Gege helped me a lot too and still doing. He does everything in his power, so that I can avoid the parties that can in any way ensure Zhan ge's presence. Another reason why he supported mom's idea of not getting me a position in Wang Telecoms.

In this three years I've naturally turned cold and reluctant to any type of emotional stimulus. Even though I never stopped being friends with Wang Haoxuan and the others, I've just changed my ways. I don't recklessly go biking or skateboarding. Instead I helped Haoxuan set up a skatepark. I stopped doing one night stand long ago, right when Zhan ge happened. I never did it again. I'm not the playboy anymore.

"Master. We're here."

My driver calling me gets me out of my trance. I look out of the car to see the front gate of the studio. There's a bunch of reporters and a whole lot of people crowding in front of the gate. I get out and get into the studio fast with the help of the studio security. This is something I should be used to by now. But in reality I'm not.

All my life I've been under the surveillance of paparazzi. But this type of mobbing started very recently.

After finishing the photoshoot I get back to the office to attend a meeting with the board of directors. My father will be there too. But when I entered the meeting room with my secretary I saw my brother instead of my dad. The next agenda in our company was to turn another plot to a new high-rise. A South Korean finance company was going to extend their company to Beijing. So we needed to help them build an equipped office in Beijing.

Two of the board members were opposing to the idea. Though majority of the members voted for it, the reasons for opposing given by those members were making me think about it even more. I myself wasn't willing to go on with this project because I have doubts in my mind too. But I let it rest for the time being. I wanted to investigate some more. The board decided on having another meeting about it a week later. Which is enough for me to have a thorough investigation. Also I wanted to talk about it with ge too.

After dismissing everyone I walk into my office with ge in tow. Ge normally controls the affairs of Wang Telecoms and doesn't come to The Wang Holdings. But today he did which means he might have some reasons to seek my presence.

"The Sejin Group has some shady business going on under the name of their company."

I was surprised that ge already beat me in the investigation. My request of investigation about the plot was just an excuse. Underneath I wanted to make sure if the rumours about the company is true or not.

"How do you know, ge?"

"I got someone to investigate about it. I don't have a complete report yet. But it sure isn't just a finance company." Ge said with his brows furrowed.

"I was going to talk about it with you too. I was intending to send someone to investigate about it. If there's some shady business going on it's better not to entangle ourselves with them." I nod and get a report out from on top of my work station. There are piled up reports on my work station worth a week. I haven't been able to work on these because I had to attend to mom at the hospital. She fell ill suddenly and I couldn't just ignore being with her.

"Also there's something else I need to tell you." I look at him. Ge has this worried expression on his face mixed with a bit of desperation. "Dad wants you to go to Uncle Xiao to propose a deal."

"What deal?" I was curious. What would my old man want me to make a deal for?

"Xiao Zhan...." He looked at me to gauge my reaction before continuing. I try to keep my expression as indifferent as possible. "Xiao Zhan, he wanted to have an advanced laboratory to work near the hospital. Dad wants you take that project."

"I don't know why he would suggest me. I normally work on high-rise projects. Not laboratories." Even my face didn't show anything I know my ge would definitely see through the cracks of my task of indifference.

"He probably wants it to be us because Uncle Xiao is his friend." Even his reason sounded a bit uncertain at the end. "Yibo. You'll have to face it. You can't just avoid him and expect everything to be solved."

"What's there to be solved?" I don't want to look at his eyes. Because if I do he'll see through me and he wouldn't like it. "I'll go and propose the project to Uncle Xiao."

I turn around only to see him stand there stunned. He probably didn't expect me to agree at all.

"Didi. Are you okay?"

"I'm great gege. Don't worry." I show him my most dazzling smile I'm used to show to the paparazzi or camera or maybe 'fans' if that's the right word. After all my life has turned all into faking everything even to my smile. Even gege knows it's fake I do it anyway. Probably that's the only way I could survive.

And survival is a privilege isn't it?

✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️

Hello guys.... Welcome back... Here's another chapter for you guys.... It's a time skip and a really long one.... Let's hope Yibo gets better and gets his Zhan ge back into his life.... He's suffering.... I'm so sorry that my baby is suffering....

[Yibo: Isn't it you who's making me like this? Isn't it you who made Zhan ge go away?

Me: Ahaha! Sorry!]

In the next chapter someone is going to appear to surprise you all.... Wait for it... It's gonna be a bumpy ride... And an emotional one... I swear I cried while writing it....

Also I have news... I just got my report from my Psych and it's not a good report... But either way, my conditions improved.... That's probably a relief....

Also I finished HSK 1 vocabulary list and can make small sentences now in Chinese.... I feel like I've achieved something!

So that's that... Hope you're enjoying... Positive feedback is always welcome.... If you find any mistakes by all means go to the comments section and inform me....

All the love
C 💕

Also please don't forget to vote! ⭐⭐