CHAPTER FORTY: Just Fine.

Comincia dall'inizio

Later when we were nearer to the porch, I saw Natasha and Clint at the porch too.

"Ivana," Sam said. I smiled as T'Challa and I stepped up the stairs, in front of the trio. "Sam," I replied, smiling thinly. "You're back," Bucky said. I smiled and shook my head. "Just for a few days," I told him. Rhodey and Sam nodded.

They looked as if they were still shocked by my presence.

"Ivana?" I heard a woman's voice. I turned and saw Natasha. I smiled as our eyes met. "Ivana," she breathes before hugging me. I smiled and hugged her back. "Oh my God," she gasped as we hugged.

I wrapped my arms around her as I close my eyes, hugging her. It's been a long time.

A few moments later, we broke the hug. She looked at me and sighed.

"I-I'm sorry." She mumbled. I smiled and shook my head. "Don't be. Everything that had happened brings something new. I come with new resolutions. Don't be burdened anymore."

I told her and glanced at the men who were standing together. They smiled.

"It's been a long time," Natasha said. I smiled and nodded. "I'm sorry that I disappear. I just wanted privacy." I said. "Jesus, no, Ivana. You deserve it. We felt guilty about what had happened." Natasha said. I smiled and nodded.

"Don't worry. I come with no hard feelings. No vengeance. Be happy." I said to them.

"We're glad you're doing great," Rhodey commented. I smiled and chuckled. "Thank you."

"So . . . are you and . . ." Sam said, glancing towards me and T'Challa. T'Challa looked at me. I shrugged. "No. We're not . . . I guess?" I mumbled. They grinned.

"Well, we are currently not having anything. He's helping me with some things." I told them.

Before I could continue speaking, I was once more interrupted with a voice. This time, a male's voice. I turned towards the voice and saw Bruce. I smiled as he approached us and embraced me. I smiled as we hugged.

"Ivana?" Bruce questioned. "Yes, I am Ivana," I replied, smiling. We broke the hug and look at each other. "You have grown!" He exclaimed. I chuckled and shook my head.

"You look very mature though. Have you been working a lot?" He asked me. I glanced at T'Challa and he tilted his head.

I chuckled and shook my head. "Well, yeah. Work is a must." I replied. Bruce smiled and nodded. "Let me guess. Haven't get someone to marry?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes and looked at me.

"Are you serious? Of all questions that you can ask, that's the one?" he questioned me. All of us laughed.

I grinned and patted his shoulder.

"Lady Alexander?" A familiar voice silenced the laughter from us.

I turned to see Thor standing a few meters away from us. I smiled as I walked towards him. I took a deep breath as I stood in front of me.

"Y-You're here," he stuttered. I smiled and nodded. "I'm here, Thor, son of Odin," I said. He let out a breathy chuckle and smiled. I look at him up and down. "You surely change," I said, seeing a huge difference in him. He laughed before opening his arms wide for a hug.

I hugged him tightly. He replied with another tight hug until it was hard to breathe. Then, I pushed him away and gasped. "You're killing me," I told him as I panted. He grinned and ruffled my hair. "Hey!" I exclaimed, pushing his hand away aggressively.

After a few minutes of talking outside, some of us entered the house while the rest opted to stay outside. They are still some friends and family who are arriving. So, some decided to wait for the other guests first.