Chapter 1- The Gallery

"Students, please!" The teacher called out to the rowdy group of 16-17 year olds. "We're about to go inside, so behave," they said before turning around and pushing the gallery door's open revealing a white and bright interior.

"Welcome to the gallery," the teacher said as they lead the students to the reception. "Here we'll learn about an artist named Philza as well as his works. Make sure to take notes for it will be useful when you write your reports."

Wilbur watched as the students form a line to write their names on the logbook before letting out a sigh, "Why do we have to be here?" He asked.

"For the report, weren't you listenin'?" The boy who was in front of him said.

Wilbur rolled his eyes at his twin, "It was a rhetorical question."

"Oh come on now," a blond girl said from beside them, "I think this'll be fun."

"Yeah, you're just being a whinny baby, Wil."

"I'll show you a whinny baby," Wilbur playfully glared at Fundy before sighing. "You always think so optimistically, Niki," Wilbur said. "What's so fun about this?"

"Well," Techno said as he wrote down his name on the logbook. "For one, it's air-conditioned, so I say that's a win." He moved aside to let Wilbur write next.

Once everyone had finished writing their names, the teacher gathered them to the side. "I'm letting you guys roam free on your own, but please, don't make a ruckus and be quite..." 

Wilbur was very much not listening, but instead was letting his eyes wander around, his gaze eventually landing on a staircase. "C'mon Tech," Wilbur pulled on his brother's arm, leading them away from the group who were still listening to the teacher. "Let's get a head start," he said as the two of them climb the stairs to the first part of the gallery.  

They stopped in front of a painting titled, "Lady Taking The Newspaper." 

"Hmm," Techno hummed as he read the description for the piece.

"How do people come up with titles?" Wilbur said. "Like one title'll have a deep meaning then the other is just so...obvious?" He said.

"I think it's a matter of whatever the painting's story is? Depends on the artist really," Techno answered as he wrote down some details in his small notebook. 

Wilbur hummed in response as he pulled out his own notebook and pen. He wrote the painting's title and year it was created on the page. "Why do you always use blue pens?" Technoblade asked in disapproval.

"I like blue," Wilbur smiled, "It gives my notes a bit of a calming tone you know," he said. "So studying won't be so stressful."

"Well, it looks weird," Techno said.

"You look weird!"

"Wilbur, we're literally twins."

"Fair point."

They took a few more moments, looking and analyzing the paintings, and by 'they' that means Techno. Wilbur wasn't as interested in the topic as Techno was, which was odd since most of the time he would be the one interested in random things. "C'mon, Tech, can't we just skim around for now?" Wilbur asked, not really waiting for an answer and instead was already pulling on his twin's arm, dragging him through the gallery. 

"Wilbur, I'm literally just seeing blurs now," Techno said.

"It's fine, it's fine, you can nerd out later," Wilbur said.

They passed artwork after artwork, only remembering bits and pieces from them. Like a guy hanging upside down, a painting with a frowning boy, an eye? They couldn't be sure. Soon enough though, Wilbur seemed satisfied.