"Sammie," Clint started, using his old nickname for me. I sighed, and held my head in my hands. Why does my life suck so much?

"You can't keep going on like this," He said, and I raised an eyebrow.

"Like what? I'm not doing anything wrong, am I?" I asked. Steve shook his head.

"Samantha, you're not doing anything." He said, and crossed his arms. I sighed, and shook my head.

"I spar with Clint and Natasha every day, and I watch marathons of Law and Order. I do plenty of stuff..." I tried to defend myself, but realized that my argument was very weak. I don't really do anything, do I?

Tony scoffed.

"Sunshine, you sit around all day. Maybe you do spar with Legolas and Natasha, but you do nothing else," He said, and I bristled at his tone. I stood up, and seized the box of poptarts from Clint's hands, heading for my room.

"I'm a grown adult, I can do what I want to!" I said, childishly. Part of me knew that they were right, and that I was being a child acting the way that I was, but the other part of me said that I could do what I wanted to, and nobody could stop me.

I started walking to my room, and slammed the door as hard as I could once I was inside. I turned around and stuffed a poptart into my mouth, but screamed at the top of my lungs when I noticed that there was someone else in my room.

"Damn it, Natasha! Don't sneak up on me like that!" I gasped, holding my chest and shaking my head at the red head, who was sitting on the edge of my bed. She stood, and gently removed the poptarts from my hands. I didn't resist, knowing that any effort to get it back would be in vain.

"Sam..." She started, and I held up a hand, cutting her off.

"I sleep all day and hog the poptarts, yes I know," I said, sighing. Natasha's face was emotionless, like usual, but I swear she looked like she wanted to roll her eyes. She shook her head, and frowned.

"I'm taking you out today. Shopping, then hitting the bar for a few drinks," She said, and my eyes widened. "Here," She said, handing me something that resembled a nice top.

"You need to shower and change."

I looked down at what I was wearing; a black zip up hoodie and grey sweatpants.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I whined, and Natasha didn't grace that with an answer, simply raising a single eyebrow.

"Fine..." I grumbled, and snatched the shirt from her outstretched hand, heading into the bathroom that was attached to my room.

I showered quickly, and then threw on the grey tank top and black skinny jeans, putting my long hair up into a sloppy bun. I emerged from my room, heading out into the large living room that everyone shared.

Natasha looked up from her spot on the couch, and I saw that she was actually in regular clothes, instead of her usual uniform. Natasha and Clint had already gone back to work for Fury, but not as often as they did before, leaving plenty of time for them to hang around with the rest of us, who still lived in the Tower.

She stood, and made her way to my side. I wondered where everyone else was, wondering if I could make an excuse to be able to stay at home. I didn't want to go out. There were people outside, and I didn't do too well in crowds ever since... well, since the battle of New York.

Nat grabbed my arm and started to drag me to the elevator, and we rode down in complete silence. When we hit the bottom floor, I trudged into the lobby with a grimace.