Boys and Bad Luck

Start from the beginning

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Izuki turned around. "Did you guys hear something?"

"It sounded like a scream,"

The boys had come out momentarily for a break before watching the Shutoku game when they heard the scream.

*Clap*

"Oi, hurry up and get something to eat or drink. The game will start in a few minutes," Riko said.

""Hai""

Kuroko had a thoughtful look on his face and Kagami looked at him stuffing his mouth with an energy bar. "What is it?"

"Nothing. I just thought that scream sounded familiar,"

"Eh? You must be hearing things,"

Kuroko didn't answer but brushed it off. The duo grabbed their snacks and headed back into the gym.

Meanwhile, a very flustered and embarrassed Yui bolted out of the boys washroom and ran outside. Her face was red and she felt like burying herself alive. Of all the places she could've walked into, it just had to be the boys toilet. Someone please shoot her.

She decided that she had enough today and decided to take the train home. Thank goodness she had her disguise on otherwise....ugh. Yui shivered at the thought and hurried home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What's with you? You look awful," Ryu commented when his sister came into the living room with a bothered face. Yui didn't answer and just went upstairs to take a shower and cleanse her tainted eyes.

Ryu stared at the back of the girl who ran up the stairs and he scratched his head.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"Just leave her alone. She probably had a bad day," Sora spoke walking out of the kitchen with a cup of matcha tea.

"...Yeah maybe. I hope nothing happened to her though."

Ryu was worried but didn't go after her. If Yui had something troubling her, she would come out and say it straight cause that's the kind of girl she is. Since she didn't say anything then it's probably unimportant.

Little did the two brothers know that their little sister was too embarrassed about what happened at school gymnasium to tell another soul.

In the shower, Yui scrubbed her head and washed her face. After a refreshing bath, she sat on her bed and dried her hair. A knock sounded on her door.

"Come in,"

Sora walked in holder a phone. "Okaa-san asked what you're planning to make tonight so she can buy the ingredients,"

"Oh uh I was planning on seafood ramen,"

"Okay...heard that? Hai....hai. Bye," Sora left and closed the door.

Yui sighed as she ruffled her hair and brushed it out. Hopefully she wouldn't have to experience something like that again. To force her mind to forget, she busied herself with some homework and studies. Unlike middle-school where she was able to slack off, high-school was a lot harder and technically, she never actually finished high-school in her first life so some work was new to her.

It didn't matter too much though since Yui was a natural hard-worker went it came down to it. She also had good brains so the school work never fazed her. Had she enrolled in a school, most likely she would have been placed in the top ten.

Half-way through her work, she suddenly remembered she hadn't messaged Kagami in a while and sent him a text.

[Congrats on making it through the preliminaries!]

A reply arrived immediately.

[How'd you know? Were you at the games?]

[I have my sources.] Yui said to sound mysterious. Of course Kagami just thought she was a stalker which in a way was partly true.

[Right.]

[Heard you'll be playing two Kings in the semi-finals and finals.]

[You think we'll make it to the finals?]

[I wonder. Seirin is strong but are you strong enough?]

[Tch. Ya looking on us?]

[Not at all. I look forward to seeing how far Seirin will go. Don't disappoint me now.]

[*angry emoji* As if. I have to go now. Early morning training tomorrow.]

[Alright then. Laters.]

[Bye.]