Chapter 10: Woah! Friendship

Its weird being secretly friends with someone from the Fatui. And you had to admit, the danger it brings excites you. Okay, long story short, it's been a month since the last encounter with Zhongli, and it's been a month since Child's has made friends with you and you have to admit! He was really fun to be around! Aether on the other hand though doesn't like the thought of you getting a bit comfortable with the Fatui Harbinger. He still doesn't trust Childe.

Sneaking out just to hang out with Venti once again really became a bad habit of yours now, especially when you promised your self to not do it again since your big brother might find out soon. It didn't take long for Childe to meet up with at the Stone Gate just so the two of you could hang out. It didn't felt odd, you and him somehow to click despite him being in the Fatui. But he said, as he promised, that he will bring you to no danger, except for messing with the treasure hoarders for fun.

Childe's POV(Third Person)

The feeling he had for you grow even more, he didn't quite understand but he lets it be because falling for you seemed to be much more easier than finding out who you really are. Childe smiled at the thought as he sat at the nearest base of Fatui in Liyue, Scaramouche stared at him with a disgust look seeing how love sick Tartaglia looked. Upon noticing the stare that Scaramouche is giving him, he shot him a look.

"You look awfully ugly when you look so in love, Childe." Scaramouche said with sass as he looked at him in disgust.

Childe on the other hand scowl at him but didn't respond anyway other than going to back to what he was doing. Thinking, and making a plan on how to sneak you out tonight since the two of you promised that you would at least prank Venti whenever he's on his nightly stroll in Mondstadt. Childe doesn't mind getting side track with the plans in the agency, just as long as he gets to have a day to hang out with you, then he's completely fine with it.

This man even forgot that he had sent someone to stalk you, that thing alone disappear and left his memory especially when he found out that the two of you shares a lot in common. Well, not too common, just enough for the two of you to click instantly and forget everything that's bad in him.

Childe almost forgot how much fun it is when you hang out with someone you started to adore. He smiled alone at the thought, almost giggling at the process.

They were currently having a meeting with the other Harbingers, but Child's was too occupied with his thoughts of you that he couldn't even focus on what La Signoria was saying. It ticked off the lady knowing that Childe himself wasn't listening, but she lets him knowing that she's gonna be interrupted once she took a notice of the distracted Child(e).

The day went quickly, and Childe was so excited to see you once again. He thought at first that you weren't going to really warm up with him, but seeing how you get soft whenever he shows you his soft and gentle side made it easier for him to get your attention even more. It brings pride to him, to be honest. Knowing that he can somehow charm to be his. But, he's not going to advance anytime soon and ask you out. He first needed to get Aether's trust to him so that it'll be much more easier for him.

It would be much more easier if he didn't let his pride and bloodlust blind him on that day in which result in to a big fight between the blonde guy. That was the biggest mistake.

Childe's seemed to be the one who was easily blinded with Pride. So he might have up need to check himself up before going to you, because he's scared that he might ruin your trust and start back from where he started once again. He worked his way towards your trust in a couple of those months, but he felt like you were still hesitating towards him, and not wanting to give in fully.

And as he walked towards the usual meet up, he smiled when he saw you waiting for him in your casual outfit, but he frowned immediately when he saw Aether who was standing right next to you.

Aether was giving him a hard look as you wave for him with a smile as you greeted him. He forced a smile to you and wave.

Now, this certainly feels awkward in a way. He was so used of you to be waiting alone for him, or maybe with Venti, but right now? With Aether? Childe can only feel the heavy atmosphere on his back and he hated it.

You giggled as you look back to Aether and him, "So, where we off to tonight?" You asked as you slightly tilt your head to the side.

Aether looked at you and immediately shot a glare to Childe, "Ms. (Y/n), do you Seriously trust him?" Aether asked.

Your smile disappeared as Childe watched. You bit your bottom lip as you look over to Aether. By doing this, Childe seemed to be a bit hurt, but he didn't acknowledge it and just watch to see where this goes.

"Can I say, 50/50?" You said as you laugh nervously to Aether. Aether was not giving you a hard look but still rather at Childe which made it hard for him to speak out.

"What do you mean?" Aether asked, raising his brow.

"He's working his way to gain my trust. And if he ever breaks it, Blood bath will happen." You said, but as Childe watches your expression, it turned dark or grim but rather disappointed and a saddened one. He wonder if you're starting to care for him just by a little.

"Ms. (Y/n)..." Aether said as he lets his voice fade out.

Maybe, it's his turn to speak. And so he did, by clearing out his throat, he gives Aether a grin, "Don't worry, Buddy. I may be part of The Harbinger, but i can assure you that i will bring no harm to (Y/n)," he paused as he mumbles the last words he said, "I'm becoming too attach to her, that's why." He said as you and Aether had this confused look on both of your expressions.

"What was that?" You asked with a small confused smile that Childe certainly find adorable.

"You better not be planning something, Childe." Aether threatened as he brings out his sword. He has been becoming more and more protective over (Y/n), and it's making him worry if Aether himself are also catching some feelings for you.

He doesn't really like having any rivals. But that can't be avoided knowing how much beautiful you are.

He chuckled as he grins at Aether, "I swear, With a pinky promise," Childe said as he raised his pinky towards Aether. Aether looked at him with questioning look.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm making a pinky promise to assure that i will bring no harm to (Y/n), and by not breaking it, i will do a pinky promise so it's fully sealed!" He explained briefly in which Aether hesitantly takes it.

And when Aether did, He spoke with the Snezhnayan child qoute, "You make a pinkie promise, you keep it all your life. You break a pinkie promise, I throw you on the ice. The cold will kill the pinkie that once betrayed your friend, the frost will freeze your tongue off so you never lie again." He said as you giggled.

"Sounds childish, but sure." You said as you chuckle in which made Childe laugh.

"You better keep your promise, or else." Aether threatened.

Childe's laugh seized, "Of course, I don't want to my tongue to be frozen. And I was not taught to betray someone." He said as Aether still gives him a hard look in the eyes. This made him sigh.

"Warm up to me, Buddy! I swear I'm nice!" He said in which made you laugh.

"He's not. Don't trust him," you said jokingly as this made Childe groan.

"Don't feed him some untruthful traits about me!" He whined like a child(e).

You giggled because he's acting like a child, and his name is Childe.

"Okay," you paused as you snorted in which caused you to wheeze like kettle teapot, "young boy." You said as this made him groan even more in which made you laugh.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I dropped kick that Child(e) in self defense, Officer."

Hi! Thank you for reading! I hope you like it! There's some errors here and there i hope you don't mind! Also, I'm finally in the MCYT fandom and currently have a starting book and it's xreader, feel free to check it out! It's about Techno and Dream hehe, hope to see you there~♥