She started to sing Bruno Mars's "When I Was Your Man":

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now

She remembers the way they shared her king-sized bed. Dahyun gets up first, leaving for work early in the morning, only to leave the other wondering where she went; she doesn't leave notes. She never did.

Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same

She remembers the way the other loved listening to Miki Matsubara's "Stay With Me". The other often tells her to dance along, only for Dahyun to reason out, "I'm not good at dancing."

When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down

She remembers how much she stayed in her room, contemplating about what she's done. The small circle of people she trusts giving her attention, comforting her, and telling her that it'll get better; she hated it. She didn't want them reminding her about the other.

'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

She remembers the moment she met the other as clear as day. "Minatozaki Sana, nice to meet you!"

With her vision getting blurry, hot tears began to flow from her eyes, falling on the white piano keys, and to her fingertips. Ji-Eun could only smile sadly towards her direction, well aware that the last time she sat on the same piano chair was when she was playing a piece, completely ignoring Sana when she was beside her, asking the Korean to teach her how to play the instrument.

It all just sounds like ooh, ooh, ooh,
Too young, too dumb to realize

She'd noticed it a little too late; how much love she had for the older. She began to drag herself through the days without Sana, regretting everything. Every morning she had to do the same cycle; go to work, do the usual things, she was surprised that she was still alive, looking like she was holding the situation pretty well, albeit slowly losing the strength to her. She missed the Japanese; she didn't deny it anymore.

That I should've bought you flowers,
And held your hand

She wondered how the Japanese had to bear with her for five months, showing almost no signs of love, care, and affection, thinking that sleeping beside Sana every single day was enough. She didn't see the need to buy flowers, chocolates, or anything she knew that the older likes, especially during their day in every month, even on their 100th day, or just to get Sana's attention.

Should've gave you all my hours
When I had the chance

Dahyun was a workaholic. She wanted to strive so she wouldn't worry about anything else. She was clueless that Sana was the one she should have been worried for all along, skipping meals, waiting for Dahyun to come home, but the Japanese never shows her. The pale-skinned girl often brought home take-outs—she'd already eaten outside with her colleagues, and only takes with her the best leftovers.

Take you to every party
'Cause all you wanted to do was dance

Dahyun remembers the way she oftentimes comes home to Sana dancing gracefully, counting her steps, and repeating it, even if it already looked flawless to her. She looked in awe, though she never really told the latter to 'show her some moves', or that she danced all too well.

when i was your man - A Sana x Dahyun Shortजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें