"I guess he didn't come to the cafeteria after all," Soojin remarked, swallowing the last of her chocolate bar. She idly discarded the wrapper in the trash.

"He must still be doing his homework," Sua pouted, resting her head on Yoon-ah's shoulder. She gave her an awkward but gentle pat on the head. "Whatever should I do?"

"Don't ask me for advice. I only advocate for breakups and crimes." 

"If that's so, then should we give him anything?" Jukyung spoke up, trying to be helpful. 

"Whatever. I don't care even if he starves to death."

"You don't mean that at all," Yoon-ah scolded the girl. "When Tae-hoon had a stomach ache last time, you rushed over to my house and acted as if he were dying. I really thought something terrible had happened. Turns out Tae-hoon had constipation and was hospitalized for an hour." She shuddered at the memory. "I tell you, if he gets sick from not eating lunch and you show up at my house again, I will not let you in."

"You're so mean," Sua cried out, looking at Soojin for confirmation.

"Oh, you can bet I'll do the same," Soojin joked, but her expression quickly turned serious. "But, really, what's the matter? Did you two fight?"

"We didn't even have time to fight," Sua sighed, staring at the floor with a sorrowful expression. "Last night, he failed to answer my texts because he fell asleep early. I don't think he realized it's our hundred-day anniversary."

There was a pause. "No way," Yoon-ah almost gasped in amazement. "How do you remember that?"

"Of course," Sua replied, with a haughty air about her. "It is the little things like this that make all the difference in a relationship."

Yoon-ah shared a look with Soojin. "The poor guy is probably just trying to do better in school," she tried again. "Let it go. And try to get some inspiration from him."

"Yah! You're not making me feel any better!" Sua exclaimed. She stamped her foot. "Aish, I'm so annoyed right now."

Okay, so, maybe her attempt was in vain. To be fair to her, she wasn't sure what to say to defend Tae-hoon just then. He was a great guy, but he was the one at fault here. Because Sua was his girlfriend, he ought also to pay attention to things she seems to care about and celebrate them with her. 

Fortunately for her, Jukyung finally decided to intervene. "No way," the girl said, hoping not to upset Sua further. "I know him. He wouldn't have forgotten."

"If he's forgotten it, then I'm breaking up with him. He's the only guy I've been with for so long."

"Hold on to that thought..." Yoon-ah suddenly interrupted, holding up a hand. Her eyes rounded in dread as she rummaged through her purse. "I think I forgot my cafeteria card at the lunch table. You guys go ahead. I'll try to look for it."

While the other two girls nodded for her to go ahead, Sua let out a miserable sigh and latched onto Jukyungs arm instead. Yoon-ah retraced her steps back to the cafeteria, arriving there just before it was about to close for the day. With her star student status to her advantage, the brunette persuaded the staff to allow her to look for the card.

She continued searching for the next fifteen minutes, however, to no avail. There was no sign of her card whatsoever. To make matters worse, the girl couldn't even recall when she had lost it. Yoon-ah remembered that she had last used it to buy the chocolate bars from the vending machine, true. But in her haste to reach Sua, she completely lost track of its whereabouts.  

After quite a bit of thinking, Yoon-ah decided that she must have tossed the card carelessly in her bag. She'd go home and sort out the matter later. In any case, even if it was lost, it would not have mattered much. Yoon-ah wondered if she could just ask Mr. Choi to forge the paper. He could easily get that done, right?