Catching Both You and I

a/n: major spoilers ahead!! this chapter is my headcanon after the events from chapter 55 of moriarty the patriot manga. it's up to you if you wish to continue. i will be making more one shots w/o canon events from the manga. enjoy!!

**

The cerulean blue river succumbed Sherlock and William in its body, deep enough to halt their lungs and worry about the authorities catching them. Sherlock's cold hand remained to grasp William's blond hair washed by the littlest moonlight with stress.

In a matter of seconds, he opened his dark eyes that winced by the merciless saltwater, yet he did not give in to shut it. William's fragile frame resided in Sherlock's-- almost out of air. Unlike William, Sherlock has the unstoppable will to live with the 'retired' Lord of Crime.

This time, he left no hesitation to use his mightiest wits-- now that their lives are on the line.

Sherlock watched William's medallion eyelashes go forward, revealing his crimson eyes; and they let go. They swam with freedom and trust, the freedom to defy the ordinary rules of gravity and channel weightlessness, until they reached under the stars while making sure the both of them made it into the surface.

The cool, but very gentle breeze reached their nostrils, the air made their lungs lively. They have never seen each other drenched in a watery mess while moonlit in contrast to their proper everyday look-- especially William. Not once has Sherlock seen his friend with unruly features.

Beautiful.

Sherlock released a laugh for having thoughts not meant in the moment, at least not now, and said, "There's another bridge in the east. We're most likely not to be seen there if we hurried up."

"I'll see you there." William swam, keeping the memory of the swimming lessons he got from Instructor Jack, the one who raised the Moriarty brothers, then executed it. Sherlock followed him, with no trace of uneasiness, since he had faith for William from the first day he had acknowledged his intellect and skills.

While he ignored the strong and salty taste on his buds, Sherlock eyed a strong built guy under the bridge. He noticed how William continued to swim; so he concluded that they were coming towards an ally.

"William." The man with coal hair assisted William to step onto the platform with his right arm, then held Sherlock's arm, swiftly pulling him towards him.

"Thank you so much for saving William," with a shaky voice laced with gratefulness, he let go of the detective to let him disperse away the excess water from his drenched clothes.

"I just did what I want to do," Sherlock replied.

"Mr. Moran, I'm quite surprised that you got here quickly, and correctly." William slowly plucked his buttons away from the holes, revealing his slender chest and cool collarbones.

"It's just a wild guess," Moran said.

"Don't tell my brothers or anyone that I survived. It'll waste the plan and it might interfere with their future actions."

"Understood." He gave the clothes and robes sitting on his other arm when Sherlock and William's shivering upper bodies were exposed under the frigid air. The little warmth of the fabric fought the icy sensation; although William had wished his cold heart would have the same effect.

"The people were still gathered near the Thames, while Lestrade and John were searching where you fell," Moran said. Hearing John placed Sherlock on another stress, but remembering how supportive he was about saving Liam, he did not weep further.

"So the safest route is to go to the Broadfields," Sherlock said.

He picked their coats and long sleeves that were soaked in water, placing it inside the receptacle given by Moran after letting tears of water flow to the ground with a squeeze.