"Of course I'm overthinking but how could I not be?! Oh my god Mil I need to call my parents. They're gonna be so shocked," she rambled on, flipping the blanket over to try and find her phone. The phone fell on the floor though, and Averie groaned out of annoyance before picking it up and dialing the familiar numbers.

"Just remember that they don't always listen to everything Aves," Camila mutters, turning around and walking out of the room.

As soon as she left, the computer let out a small noise that was music to Averie's ears, it meant she received an email. Her bright eyes skimmed over the contents of the email, her heart pounding wildly.

Not what she was expecting.

The call didn't go as Averie thought it would.

She had expected her parents to sound proud, maybe even as proud as they were when her brother got accepted into his first big job in the law field. She remembers how their eyes sparkled with admiration for their first born in front of them.

But when will she be looked at like that? Like the whole world took place in her body, her mind.

Probably never, she thought.

Averie had expected them to say they underestimated her, if not those direct words then something that sounds like it—at least.

But she was a fool to expect anything different.

She was 22 for crying out loud, and she still can't get over the fact that her parents attend to her brother more? She thought it was pathetic. But she can't help it. She wanted to feel appreciated. Sure she could be successful independently, but she wants her mom and dad to make her feel more accomplished.

Averie had called her mother, wanting to hear what she thought first. The warmer one of the 2 parents. She couldn't wait to tell them. It was a new chapter unfolded for her career, her life.

So she started by telling her mother how she was accepted. She didn't call them after she found out she was initially rejected only mere hours ago. There was no point in making her feel worse at the time. There probably would have been a lot of "I told you so"s.

Her mother sounded happy for her, but still said she was surprised, how she didn't actually expect her to be chosen. Typical. Sweet but ruined.

Then she called Averie's father over to the phone to speak, where he was less thrilled.

"You'll be back in less than 2 weeks I assure you, and I'll be here saying I told you so."

"Should have followed your brothers footsteps and gone into law."

"Fashion this... fashion that... Could there be a less useful job? A job you will no doubt be unqualified for anyways."

Averie tried not to take the comments to heart, but from what she gathered, neither of her parents are convinced that she can keep the job. Do they expect her to be fired? They do know how talented she was in this field after all.

But then she told them about what she had read about in the email from minutes before.

She was meant to move to London in less than a week.

London.

Averie wasn't at all aware she would be living overseas for the time being. But she had to admit that she didn't hate the idea. In fact, just that fact alone made her more excited to leave. She had always wanted to move to somewhere far away from her past problems. Perhaps they'd just go away on their own.