We Meet Again (pt.1)

Minamoto Teru x ghost reader

---------------------------------------------

Have you heard of this rumor ?

The spirit of the strings?

This ghost is 500 years old and is an old tale known by many generations.

According to the stories that were told by the elderly to the little children, She lived in a village and loved playing with strings.

It helped her calm down, especially when she's going through something difficult. You see, the poor girl was never loved and treated well, not her own family or even anyone there.
Her family would use her for money, because they raised her for that purpose.

The strings were always there to accompany her, but one day she decided to take her life. She couldn't bear the pain she felt everyday. Ever since, rumors spread fast, until it became what it is today.

They say you will see a long string trying to lead you somewhere. There you will see her, but you must be careful. You must treat her with utmost respect, you must make her feel loved.
If you fail in doing so, it will lead you to your death by slicing you into pieces with the strings. She'll be wearing a messed up kimono with bruises, scars, and wounds all over her body. As soon as its finished, she will return to her true form, a fine young girl dressed in a beautiful kimono with all sorts of strings wrapped around her fingers. She'll decide whether to let you go or not.

Now you may have felt some sympathy, others did too, but that doesn't change the fact that she's a supernatural. They kill and disturb the land of the living. The near shore and far shore must be separated at all times, that is why there are clans where humans with special senses that help maintain the balance of the world.

That's not the case here in this story.

There's always one thing you should should remember before making conclusions about something or someone.

Not everything is as it seems.

The eldest Minamoto knew about this rumor, his grandmother used to tell him about the spirit. It was unusual when she said that she had pity for the ghost. He was surprised to hear that come out of her mouth. He asked her why. She simply said to him,

"You'll understand one day."

He never understood her. Now he's here trying to get rid of the spirit. Such a shame that he thinks like that.
Since it spread throughout the whole school, there was a high chance that it was there.

As soon as the students left, he roamed and searched the grounds.

When he passed by the classrooms, he saw a red string. What was weird is it was tied to his little finger.

"I wonder if the string is supposed to be tied to my finger?"

He followed the string that was slowly leading him somewhere. He kept walking until he saw a figure. She had h/c and was similar to what rumors said about her. She wasn't facing him and her head was down so he couldn't get a clear view of her face.

"You must be the string lady." He spoke up.

The girl's head suddenly rose up as if she knew who he was. She turned around and was shocked to see him.

"T-Teru-sama?"

"How do you know my name spirit!"

He yelled at her while holding his katana. He took a good look at her for a second and she seemed familiar. He felt like they already met before, but where? Or should I say when?

What was odd is he saw the hurt in her eyes. Did she know him? What's his connection with this disgusting spirit?

"I guess the reincarnation part was true."

"What do you mean reincarnation?!"

"You don't remember me, do you?"

"Of course I don't! You're a spirit and you know very well that I exorcise them!"

A tear escaped from the girl's e/c eyes. She was crying, the Minamoto boy didn't know what to do.

"Right, it was part of the deal. You can't remember me.
That's okay, at least I know you're living a good life. I've waited 500 years just to see again Teru-sama and now that I did, you can exorcise me."

He never met a supernatural that was willing to get eradicated. Most of them would have begged by now, but she just accepted it as if it was nothing.

She went down on her knees and showed her true form.
All the strings on her fingers disappeared,

except for the red one.

"Why is the red string still connected? What did you do?" He asked her.

"I did nothing Teru-sama, it was and it will always be like this. I cannot remove it even if I wish to do so."

Teru thought for a second if he should do it, but he was curious. How would he know a 500 year old ghost? He wasn't even born in those eras. He decided to keep her for a while.

"Stand up, I will spare you for now. I have questions that need to be answered."

She stood up and made eye contact with him.

"Follow me. If you try to do anything, I won't hesitate to use my katana on you."

He turned around then walked. She followed him not far behind. They got out and saw that the sky was filled with stars and the bright moon. As they walked further she whispered.

"Teru-sama, it pains me to know that you do not remember me, but I will always carry the memories we shared in my heart."

--------------
--------------

Hi :)