All I want

All I want is to hear Annalise knocking at my door. If I could only see her face one more time and have that feeling that everything will finally be okay for the first time in a long time... then I'll be happy. Everything seems to be so difficult since she left...

When she said her last goodbye I felt like a part of me was being taken away, that part that helped me lots of times before, my best part. I feel like I'm dying faster right now, I feel like I can't breathe, and this feeling.... this feeling scares me a lot. I don't think I can handle waking up every day and be a happy man knowing that she'll not be there for me, knowing that she's with somebody else, sleeping in another's arms.

Every night I think how things are so much better for her, but also, how broken I am with this. What if I asked her to stay? What if I have told her that I've always been in love with her? What if.... 

Too many questions and no answers. I couldn't risk our friendship, Annalise was everything I had. She was my best friend, my partner, my love. She was everything, and now.... she's just a friend I lost. The reason why I cry and feel sad about it. And all of this is my fault. 

Somehow, Annalise has become my world, and now I have nowhere to live because she's not here anymore. I wonder if she ever loved me, if she had this feeling too or all of this was just my mind trying to make me feel something I've never felt before. But if she loved me, why'd she leave me?

Since she left, I have no reason to wake up smiling and excited to see her and have her laughing with me all day. Oh, God, how I miss that smile... All I need is to find somebody like her, but I know that's not possible. Annalise is like a shooting star. You have to be very lucky to meet someone like her. I had this chance, but I lost it. In my mind, we're together, in my mind we're happy, in my mind, we have all the time we need, but all of this is just in my mind, and It hurts like hell 'cause in the real world we're nothing but friends.

She brought out the best of me, a part of me that I've never met before. I didn't know how much a person can feel for someone else and being vulnerable until I met her. She was my flashlight. The best part of my life, all the good moments was with her. And now I have nothing, there's no comeback. Our love was made for movie screens, but we didn't find the script. We lost direction.

(...)

Rosewood was already going to bed when someone knocked on his door. Friday night, a rainy day. What kind of people appears in your home in this condition? 

He was tired, the week was difficult and all he wanted was to go to bed and have a good dream, but it didn't happen. Not that night. His head was a mess at that point, but still, he left the room and headed for the main door. He thought that was someone needing help or maybe his sister, but he was wrong. 

When he opened the door he didn't believe in his eyes, his lungs lost all the air. Annalise was there, right in front of him, wet and cold, looking at him with pain in her eyes but also a little relieved.

No one moved, they were frozen, staring at each other for the first time in months. He was out of his mind, it took a while for him to come back to reality and pull her in, so she wouldn't get sick. Now they were so close, their breaths so heavy and their hearts so loud. His gaze in her mouth, hoping that she could start a conversation explaining herself. But she didn't say a word. The only thing they could hear was the sound of the rain and their hearts. 

Annalise took a step in his direction, making the first move, and wrapped her arms around him, her head on his chest. He closed his eyes, feeling her body against his. So close. 

They knew what it all meant, but they were too proud to admit their feelings, then they were silent for a moment. But they needed to talk. 

— Annalise... — he whispered — you should change. You can get sick with these clothes. 

She laughed. She didn't stop the hug, but she raised her head so she could see him.

— Really, Rosie? We haven't seen each other for two months and that's all you're going to say to me?

— But... you're wet. 

— Rosewood, I swear to God that if you don't... — she was leaving the embrace when he interrupted her with a kiss. 

A kiss they should have got a long time ago. An urgent kiss. 

He held her head and kissed her carefully, their tongues dancing in a silent melody, their own melody. He pressed his lips against hers with passion but also afraid that he get the message wrong, but at this time, there was no turning back. They fit together, it seemed like they already knew how to make it work, but it was the first time that they allowed themselves to feel each other. He stopped the kiss with small kisses over her face. She felt like she was dreaming and so did he.

— Why didn't you do it two months ago, Rosie? — she asked him with a little of pain in her voice. 

One more time, silence. 

— Annalise, I really think that you should change yourself. You're shaking.

And she really was but didn't even notice. She laughed again.

— I didn't bring anything with me. 

He took her hand and guided her into the bedroom. He gave her something to make her comfortable, dry and warm.
She changed and when she returned to the room he was sitting on his bed, his eyebrows showing that he was thinking about something important. 
She moved herself to his side, taking his hand as she sat on the bed. He looked at her. 

At this moment they knew they couldn't deny their feelings anymore. Despite they never talked about it for real, they knew each other and that kiss just confirmed everything. They were in love, deeply in love. This strong feeling in their heart was so powerful that there were no words to describe what they really felt. 

— Rosie, I don't know what...

— I love you, Villa. 

She tried not to smile, but she waited for too long to hear those words. 

— I love you too, Rosie. I really do. — and she started another kiss. 

She kissed him softly, showing how happy and in peace she was with him. Their lips were in sync, their tongues working together as they feel their bodies tingle with each others touch.

— Look... I know that we need to talk, and I want to, but can we save the talking for tomorrow?

— Oh… okay. Do you want me to come back tomorrow? — she was worried that he was regretting it. 

— Just the opposite. I want you to stay, to enjoy your company and kiss you until I have the courage to say everything I feel. 

She smiled. Could she love him more? Everything seemed peaceful, she was finally getting her happiness.

Then, they embraced exchanging all the love and affection they felt, enjoying their own world like two teenagers. The were in love, and everything was real.