"What about for school?"

Samuel shook his head and continued crying in his mom's shoulder.

Meanwhile, at Trevor's house, Trevor was fuming. "Mom! How could you do something like that? I loved him!"

His mother jabbed a finger in his direction. "You don't know the meaning of Love! That boy has been a worse influence on you than we thought, and this time, I'm stopping it right here, right now."

Trevor's father stepped forward. "You aren't stopping anything, Regena. You've made things so much worse than you know. Who cares if he likes another boy?!"

His mother turned on him. "He won't be able to give us grandkids when he grows up!"

Trevor's father groaned and rolled his eyes. "Is that all you care about? The fact that he won't be able to give us grandkids?! Adoption is always an option!"

Regena threw her hands down. "It's not the same!"

Hank crossed his arms. "So you don't want our son to be happy, all because you want grandchildren?! You are so shallow it hurts that I have to have this conversation with you!"

"Why do you care?!"

"I don't! I care if our son is happy and loved, so who gives a shit if he's gay?! I sure as hell don't!"

Trevor shook his head and went upstairs to get dressed. Once he was dressed, he packed a bag and went to leave the house.

Regena whirled on her son. "Where do you think you're going?!" she snapped, grabbing his arm.

He yanked it out of her grasp. "I'm headed to Sam's. I'm not going to stand this fighting just so you can treat me like I'm a breeding machine when I'm all grown up. When you've put your big girl pants on, let me know and I'll come back."

With that, he left the house, with his mother shouting after him. "You come back here this instant! You can't talk to me like that! Trevor Summers!"

Trevor slammed the door in her face and left the house. When he arrived and knocked on the door, Samuel answered and almost tackled him off the front porch. "I thought I'd never see you again! I thought we were done for!" he cried.

Trevor held him tight and close. "Not on my watch," he said. "You are way too precious to me."

Samuel squeezed Trevor before letting go and dragging him into the house. "Drop off your stuff off in my room. It's your turn to spend the night at my house." He gave Trevor a small kiss, and the two of them wandered upstairs.

Sam went to his mom's office, and Trevor went to Sam's room. "Hey mom," Sam said. "Trevor came over."

She stared at him. "I'm guessing his family got into a fight?" she asked.

Samuel shrugged, and she seemed to accept that answer. He closed the door and left his mother alone to finish her work, and for him to join Trevor in his room.

Samuel shut the door, and sat beside Trevor on his bed. "Did your parents start fighting?" he asked.

Trevor nodded, and silence filled the space, giving off an air of tension, until Samuel leaned against Trevor, his head resting on Trevor's shoulder. "I'm glad you decided to chase after me."

Trevor chuckled. "There would have been no point in confessing to you, then, if I was just going to stay at home. I promised I'd pick a fight to protect you, and that's what I'm doing."

Samuel lifted his head from Trevor's shoulder. "I thought that was just for tutoring..." he mentioned.

Trevor shook his head. "Nope. Well...that's what it was, but I may have extended that promise to include...other things."