bad dreams, broken heart

A/n- sad and angsty one, also mentions of blood. it will have a happy ending tho! there is a cute Polaroid I made too ❤️

☆☆☆

REMUS was in the shrieking shack and some how you were there. You usually waited in the common room or the hospital wing for Remus to return. But somehow you had appeared directly in front of him.

"Y/n you need to go!" He shouted, knowing that the transformation would happen any minute and your life would be in danger.

Your figure just stayed there, staring blankly into the werewolf's eyes. He wondered if you were real or just a figment of his imagination.

"Y/n? Please go, you could get hurt! I don't want to hurt you," he pleaded, but you stayed where you were. Your expressionless face, worrying Remus more and more by the second.

Then everything went black and the transformation had begun.

Remus suddenly awoke, he was still in the shack but he smelled blood. He looked up to see you lying on your side, with your eyes closed.

"Y/n? Y/n!" He panicked. You were hurt...because of him.

Remus woke up with a start, also causing you to wake up. The two of you were in the common room and had fallen asleep reading. You looked at Remus, his face was terrified and he was pale, very pale.

"Remus, are you alright?" You asked, putting your hand to his forehead. "You're burning up," you said, shocked. You tired to wrap him into a hug, but he pulled away. "I had a nightmare," he blurted out, then continuing. "I-I hurt you. I told you to get out of the way. You were just staring at me with your beautiful doe eyes and then everything went black and I woke up and you-you were-," he rambled.

You hugged him, wrapping your arms protectively around him. "I'm here. Your safe, I'm safe, and you would never hurt me. It was just a bad dream," you reassured.  He hugged back, pulling you close to him. He needed to hold you, to know that your were real and alive in his arms. You brushed his hair, soothing him to calm him down.

His breathing steadied and you cautiously pulled away. "Hey look at me," you said, softly. He looked into your eyes and you kissed his nose. "It was just a dream. Everything is okay," you reassured.

You both laid back down on the couch, Remus's head resting peacefully on your stomach. He snuggled around you as you read your book out loud to him. You calmed him down when ever he had a bad dream. This time was worse than most, but you were still there for him. You would always be there for him no matter what.

Soon enough, Remus had fallen asleep peacefully to your soothing voice. His head snuggled into your stomach more and his arms wrapped closer around your waist. You gently kissed Remus's head, careful not to wake him.

It was the weekend, so technically you could stay out as late as you wanted in the common room. The other three marauders had taken the map and James's invisibility cloak to go to Hogsmeade. You had no idea when they would return.

So because our didn't want to leave Remus, you closed your eyes, falling asleep yourself.

Later in the morning, James, Sirius, and Peter had snuck back up to the castle without being seen. Which was honestly a surprise considering they were all drunk and couldn't focus on where they were going.

The three stumbled into the common room, before going upstairs they saw you and Remus cuddled together on the couch. "Oh I have to get a picture of this," Sirius said. "Accio camera," Sirius muttered, his wand out. His camera came down the steps and Sirius caught it, taking a picture of the two of you.

Peter laughed, too drunk to understand what was going on and James started to cry. "Why can't Lily and I be like that. She doesn't even give me the light of day," he whined. Sirius rolled his eyes, dragging a mopey James and hysterical Peter up to the boys dorm.

Sirius dropped the photo on the floor after captioning and dating it.

☆☆☆

☆☆☆