epilogue

"A cat? Are you serious Remus?"

"No, you are, I'm Remus," the latter joked, shrugging off his coat.

"I can't believe I married a cat person," Sirius shook his head as the small kitten Remus had just brought home padded over to him.

"Looks like she likes you," Remus laughed as the kitten pawed Sirius' leg. "Come on, you have to admit she's adorable."

"Yeah, for now. Wait until she starts scratching everything. Cats are diabolical," Sirius said, trying to distance himself from the cat. "What's her name?"

"I was thinking Zahraa? Like the character from your book," Remus suggested.

"Hm, I'm not sure I want to associate a cat with a character from my book," Sirius said doubtfully.

"James and Lily named their cat after Freddy," Remus argued.

"Yeah, what is it with you guys and naming cats after my characters? Even the evilest villain I could write would never be as bad as a cat," Sirius said, crossing his arms and sitting on the sofa.

"You absolute child," Remus laughed, picking the kitten up and sitting beside Sirius. "What do you wanna watch?" Remus then asked, opening the tv. Every Friday when Remus came home from work they would watch a movie.

"Anything but Cats," Sirius said. Remus rolled his eyes and eventually settled on a film. Remus eventually went into the kitchen to get himself a snack. When he walked back into the living room, he found Sirius asleep, the kitten curled into itself in Sirius' lap. A loving smile made its way onto Remus' face, mentally thanking Zach for giving Sirius Remus' username instead of his that one night way back when.

a/n: holy shit i finally finished writing this fic! thank you guys so much for reading this fic, i can't believe i made it to 45k reads!! seeing your comments and votes on this story has meant the world to me and i hope i get to keep seeing them now that this story is complete. i love you all so much, thank you for reading my mediocre writing and sticking with it to the end