Chapter 2

Hey~ *nervously waves* I know I said I'd write over my Easter break and I did! I was finishing Innocent eyes *cries*. Welp, cos I feel bored and in a good-ish mood, have a chapter. Or two. Depending on how long this one takes. Think of this as my little celebration for all of you from the prequel to this book who helped me get to 100k reads (I just checked and it's at 102k) anyway, enjoy!

All four of you were sat on the railing of the bridge, tired. Yuji kept yawning which in turn caused you to yawn. It was a long night.

"Erm... where exactly is this curse supposed to be?" Yuji asked no one in particular.

You just gave up then and there. All of you heading to a convenience store to buy some food. You'd already been under the bridge but didn't find anything. Even after sending Yuji down, you didn't find anything.

"We couldn't even feel a trace of the curse." Megumi tells Akari Nitta while you were stood outside the convenience store.

"For real? So, you gonna start over?" Nitta-san asks.

"We can't waste too much time." Yuji answered.

"Why?" You ask him.

"It's a famous paranormal spot, right? There could be lots of others out there who are cursed. And we're looking at a 100% death rate. So we can't afford to let more people die." Yuji said, taking a bite from his onigiri.

"True." Nobara said, drinking a carton of milk.

"They were into bungee jumping, right? Maybe it has something to do with the act of jumping down?" Nitta offered.

"We already tested that theory with Itadori." Nobara casually said.

"What?! With that plastic cord I gave you?!" Nitta deadpanned.

"Hey, there you are!" Someone called out.

"Fushiguro-san!" They called again.

"Who's that again?" Nobara said, forgetting who he was.

"Megumi's junior." You say.

"Don't you remember picking on him?" Yuji added.

"I'm glad I found you! Weren't you talking about Yasohachi bridge?" The guy continues.

"Fujinuma?" Megumi questioned.

There was a girl with him that neither you, nor Nobara nor Yuji recognised.

"She's a classmate." Megumi explained.

"This is my older sister." Fujinuma said.

"Erm... I saw that the Morishita family had a funeral ceremony. My brother was telling me about how you guys are investigating Morishita and the bridge. I thought it might've just been a coincidence.

Nitta held her point finger up to her mouth to signal to Megumi not to talk about curses or anything remotely close to it.

"What do you mean?" Megumi asked.

"I mean that there's a connection with Morishita's death and the bridge." The girl explained.

"It's irrelevant. It's just-" Megumi said before she cut him off.

She seemed tense. Sweat was forming on her face like she'd seen a ghost.

"During my second year of junior high... I went to Yasohachi bridge at night!" She said.

"Anything weird going on at home nowadays? Something only you find odd?" Nitta said, stepping in.

"Our home is also an antenna shop. For some reason – and this only happens to me when I come home – the automatic door is wide open. My mum and dad say it's nothing, but... there's definitely something there! I've been so scared, and then I heard about Fushiguro-kun. And I remembered about the bridge." The girl says, not once making eye contact.