"Y/n, Loki, it's Peter."

Loki frowned hearing the teenagers voice in the machine. He turned the volume up listening to what he has to say.

"I didn't want Tony to shout at you. Natasha woke up and called us saying you knocked her out and took the car... personally I think that's amazing, well done. But, you aren't coming the right way. Please tell me there was a traffic jam and you had to go a wrong way," he paused for a second before continuing, "who am I kidding, I know you aren't on your way back. I understand if you wanted to leave, I'm sorry if it was my fault."

Loki shook his head and clenched his eyes and re opened them, trying not to feel empathy.

"When we lost Loki, we lost you too y/n. I don't want to lose you both again after just a couple of hours. But if you don't come home that's okay too. We... I love you guys."

Then the radio station disconnected.

"Take it out." Loki spoke.

"What?"

"Take it out!" He snapped swerving the car a little and making me jump.

I smashed the digital radio with my elbow making it smoke a little and then stop with no sound.

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't, it wasn't you." Loki said coming to a stop near a bridge.

"Why are we stopping." I asked.

The road was silent and there was no other people in sight.

"Get rid of the car. I'm sure they're probably some sort os technological tracker in there. They'll find us."

Part of me wanted to continue in the car, then maybe they'd find us and force us to come home. Maybe it was cause I wanted to see whether they'd really come to find us. The other part of me wanted to destroy every connection I had with the avengers.

I nodded at Loki who's eyes were sort of puffy. He must of been showing some tears.

Using all my strength I lifted the car with my telekinesis and threw it into the water under the bridge.

"All ties cut." I said.

"All ties cut." He repeated.

Loki stood next to me and grabbed my hand squeezing it in reassurance. I placed my head on his shoulder watching the car sink into the water.

In the distance, I could hear people's footsteps approaching us. I pulled Loki's hand, ran and jumped off the bridge with him in.

The next minute or so was a blur until I got to the river bank and was able to stand fully again.

"What was that for?" He said wiping his wet hair off his face.

I giggled at the man in front of me.

"People were coming, they would have noticed us!" I carried on laughing. Until I noticed Loki who wasn't shivering. Instead his fingers were turning blue.

"Loki?" I asked.

He looked at me and nodded to say he was listening.

"Your hands... they're blue?" I questioned. I went to take one of his hands into mine to speculate but he pulled them away and hid them under his arms.

"It's nothing." He said secretively.

"Are you s-,"

"It's nothing." He repeated before I could finish my question.

I didn't want to pry any further, if he wanted me to know, he would have told me.

"Okay..." I saw that it was getting quite dark and looked around me to see if there was anywhere we could stay for the night. "Oh look." I said, pointing at a house which said 'river lodge'

"Do you think it's a place to stay?" Loki asked squinting his eyes to see the sign.

"There's only one way to find out," I said unenthusiastically. I started to stride towards the building whilst shivering but Loki grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"We can't just walk in there... like this!" He said pointing at his face.

"Yes, dear Loki you look fabulous."

"No! I tried to rule over New York a decade ago, if they see me they'll contact someone!"

I made an o shape with my mouth and nodded. Then, I touched Loki's arm and pulled his power away from him.

Quickly, I managed to transform us into two friendly tourists from Britain.

"How do I look?" I asked in a unusual British accent.

"Great," he said in his same accent but less noticeable.

We continued to walk down the river bank and then up a path to the house we saw. I knocked on the door and a little, old lady opened the door. She looked up at the two of us who were dripping wet.

"Oh my dears!" She cried out. "Come in, come in," she didn't hesitate to let us in and offer us some warm cocoa.

We sat on her couch for a while in her really warm house.

"We were wondering if you were renting out any rooms?" I asked.

She frowned and shook her head. Then she spoke in a laugh. "Just kidding! I have one available upstairs."

"That would be perfect! How much?" Loki asked, excited to be able to sleep.

"Don't worry about it, new comers from my home country can stay the night for free. Especially when you have no stuff whatsoever," she said refilling our mugs with warm chocolate milk.

"You're too kind..."

"Mrs B," she said winking at me.

"Thank you, Mrs B." Me and Loki said at the same time.

We drank the rest of our drinks and then she showed us to the room, she also showed us to the shower and some clean towels. The room only had one bed but me and Loki didn't seem to mind much. I transformed us back into out normal selves for the night.

He let me go into the shower first, so I did. When I walked out Loki was sound asleep on the bed already. He had dried his hair with a towel and laid peacefully on the bed.

Mrs B had offered us some clothes that belonged to her children from last time they stayed. I changed into the pyjamas and climbed into bed next to Loki, keeping my distance.

Just as I got in Loki shrivelled his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him making me laugh. I turned around to face him. His eyes were still closed but I could tell he was awake.

I moved a stray strand of his hair out of his face and left my hand there for a second. He looked gorgeous, even after everything that had happened to him.

"Stop staring and go to sleep," he murmured in a sleepy voice.

I giggled under my breath and told him to shush.

I placed my head on his chest with his arms still around me and fell asleep, quicker than I have done for weeks.