𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕠

p.s Sentences with Italic font mean they're talking in Italian.

"Sir. What on earth happened to you?" asked Mr. Cho, his face was masked in shock. Valeria was trailing behind him. "Oh my- Did you fight?"

 "Who'd won?" questioned the girl with genuine interest, continuing before her brother could answer. Vincenzo coughed a little, looking annoyed with his sister's question. His suit was covered in dirt, and his usual tidy-looking hair was ruined. She didn't see any suitcase.

Damn, they even stole his watches. She thought.

The man in the dirty suit walked slowly to Mr. Cho, shook his hand, and smiled politely to Mr. Cho, "I had a little accident. I apologize for not being on time." While Mr. Cho nodded, looking puzzled. The three of them walked inside the plaza, with Vincenzo and Mr. Cho busy talking about their business, Valeria's decided to not join the conversation, due to her lack of ideas and her tired brain. 

"Can we see our place?" Vincenzo requested, hoping they would get a standard one. His sister chuckled at him.

Mr. Cho now was leading the both of Cassano's to their room. Val was busy looking at the dust on the wall, judging it every second she could do in her mind. Not long after a few minutes of walk, Mr. Cho stop his step and took out keys from his pocket. Val was about to reach her brother's arm but stopped when she saw an exasperated look on Vincenzo's face, who was showing his palm that was covered in bird's poop to her. 

"This is your room, Sir. And this is Ms. Cassano's," said Mr. Cho as he opened the doors and handed Val their keys. As soon as Val opened her mouth to voiced out her thought, Vincenzo already beat it. "Do you have- how do they say it, Val? Two bedrooms, Mr. Cho?" He spoke to Val and turned his face to Mr. Cho, which is answered by Mr. Cho shaking his head from side to side. 

When Val entered with her heavy step, treading on her heels, she couldn't help but choose to not touch the really dirty wall. Vincenzo and Mr. Cho followed her behind. "Uh- Sir, let me show you the bathroom." Mr. Cho offered and showed Vincenzo the bathroom. 

The men were busy talking in the bathroom, leaving Val alone in the living room. She sat down on the couch, tried to ignore all the dust she sat on. A couple of minutes went by, and both men were back in the living room.

"Sir, once this project is done, are you interested in staying in Korea?" asked Mr. Cho. A prolonged and general silence followed.

Vincenzo faced his little sister solemnly. "What do you think about staying here?" It was a legitimate question that deserves a carefully reasoned answer. Val remained silent, obviously thinking hard. 

"I don't think staying here is the best idea." She folded her hands in front of her chest.

Her brother and his business partner seemed to be busy talking about their plan. As much as Val wanted to be helpful, she couldn't stand her sleepiness and choose to lay her head on the couch.

At last, Mr. Cho slightly bowed his head to Vincenzo as a goodbye, then to Val. A second after Mr. Cho close the door, Vincenzo threw his body onto the couch, sitting beside her. She leaned forward until she was resting against her brother, who didn't move away and closed her eyes.

"Hey, let's get changed. I'll take your dirty clothes to the laundry downstairs. You can rest in the bed," spoke Vincenzo as he took a look at his clock.

Awakened by his voice, Valeria immediately opened up her eyes, even tho it was not really working. She yawned, "What? I can accompany you, I'm awake now."

Vincenzo chuckled and got up, taking both of Val's hands to stand up. "Good thing the water heater is working."

🌵🌵🌵

The smell of coffee filled the entire room. Val who had already woken up since the sun even hasn't risen sat on her brother's desk and picked up his papers. She was going to clear up the desk, but unintentionally, she read a paper with her biological mother's name on it. Her brow furrowed in guarded curiosity as she held the papers tightly.

"Oh Gyeong-ja? What does she have anything to do with these golds?" Val said, talking with herself while she continued to tidy everything up. Picking up the glass of coffee, she took a swallow.

She did not hear her brother's footsteps as he came into the room. Half-conscious, He looked up at Val with his barely opened eyes and asked, "What time is it?"

Not bother with the fact that his sister just cleaned up his desk, he continued his stepped and took a glass of coffee that Val has prepared for him. Val checked her phone, "Eight O'clock, when did you sleep last night? Why did you wake up so late?"

Vincenzo took one look at her and frowned fiercely. "There is this pigeon, it is just- I can't- No- Argh, I just need to finish this business quickly." She glanced up at his frowning face and chuckled, "Do you want me to cook it? You like roast pigeon, right?"

Her brother just ignored her jokes and sat beside her, resting his head on her shoulder. Before he could say anything, Val patted her brother's shoulder comfortingly. Vincenzo thought for a moment and spoke, "I have to meet Mr. Cho today, I guess we won't stay here for too long."

Val nodded understanding, "Well, you should take a shower now. I'll order the taxi so we won't waste time." She moved away from Vincenzo and ordered a taxi from her phone. Before she could even text the driver, Vincenzo stopped her, "What do you mean? I will go alone, you should stay here.

She stopped texting and put her phone back in her jeans pocket. She raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms. Vincenzogulped the last of his coffee and stood. "I mean, you shouldn't come with me. You can use my Netflix," said Vincenzo, taking his towel and walked to the bathroom.

"No. I want to come with you, I have to," complained Val as she followed her brother to the bathroom. Her brother shook his head. "Stay here, do something that makes you happy, do you want to sculpt? I can order it. Don't go anywhere, this is not our country."

"So? That's what Google Maps does?" Val said. She started forward, but her brother glared at her. For a couple of minutes, both of them were having a staring contest. With watery eyes, Vincenzo growled at her and took his toothbrush.

"I called my acquaintances this morning, and your phone is on the desk. Thank me later. But if I can't come with you, can I go outside?" She asked.

"Mmm wait," said Vincenzo as he nodded, his voice muffled because of the toothbrush in his mouth. He took a glass of water and gargled it. He spitted on the sink, "Where do you want to go?"

Val smiled, having one destination in her mind. "An art gallery nearby, I'll be back in the noon."

Hey guys, I think I will post more often since I have no more school assignment:)