Alice By the Hudson

Chapter 3: Alice by the Hudson

Star (I've been watching way too much Star vs. the Forces of Evil-)

(A/N) This chapter is inspired by the amazing @bumm3r1and

The club was full of shining neon lights and drunk young adults. Everyone was singing along to the music, dancing, and drinking. Heavily. I came in ready to join them, but something stopped me. I felt someone staring at me. I turn around and see a tall, skinny teenager who looks about 16-ish looking at me nervously. At my height of 5'4, I'm a little intimidated by how he towers above me. I can't help but notice his light hazel eyes, cinnamon-colored hair, and mischievous smile. We make eye contact, but before I can say anything, he blushes and turns back around to 2 other boys who are laughing at him.

"Jack, go talk to her, you coward!" says the one with glasses.

"Cmon, you got this. You can do it!" the one with the beard says quietly but lovingly.

Jack glares at them.

"Ryan, the last time you tried to talk to a girl you dropped your drink on her and started crying. I'm not taking dating advice from you."

Ryan glares right back.

"Jack, I told you not to bring that up in front of Adam."

Adam is already laughing hysterically.

"Fine, I'll go talk to her," Jack mutters.

He walks over to me, and I feel my cheeks go red.

"OH MY GOD, ARE YOU OK?!?!?" he screams.

Everyone turns to look at us. My cheeks are literally on fire.

"W-what?" I manage to get out.

"You looked so scared and your cheeks were really red like you had seen a ghost. Oh my god. DID YOU SEE A GHOST!?!?"

Ryan and Adam are cackling, but Jack doesn't even seem to hear them. Not able to admit that I was just flustered by the incredibly cute guy, I say,

"Um, It's just a little hot in here, I'm ok."

Jack sighs in relief. Before I can comprehend what's happening, he takes my hand in his and leads me outside. The cool breeze feels good on my skin, and I can see his face even better in the moonlight. He smiles at me, but I can tell he's still nervous.

"Do you feel better out here?" he asks me.

I nod and reflexively squeeze his hand a bit.

"Good, you looked really hot in there."

....

"UM I MEAN-"

"Nono, it's ok, I know what you meant!" I say, holding back a laugh.

"Hey, so I'm Jack. What's your name?"

"Star," I say quietly.

"That's a really nice name!" he exclaims. He nervously brushes through his hair with his fingers.

"Thanks, yours is nice too," I say.

"W-want to grab a bite to eat?" he asks me.

"Sure! Maybe we can get some chips at 7/11 or something."

We start walking, and I look back to see Adam and Ryan watching us. To be honest, being outside feels so much nicer than that crowded club. It's weird, I know it's weird, but I feel like I can trust him. Jack, he just feels... safe.

We talk about all sorts of things, from shows to music to food brands.

"Sooo what's your favorite song right now?" I ask.

"We are Young by Fun.!" he says excitedly.

"No way, I love that song!"

He combs his hand through his hair and smiles.

Finally, we get to the 7/11.

We walk into the store. It's a little run down, but it's cozy. We score two bags of chips, a Coca Cola, and a Slushie.

God, he's really cute.

You're hopeless.

"Shall we?"

I take his hand, giggling a bit, and we walk out of the door. We stroll down the sidewalk and through the city. Finally, I see the Hudson River.

"Jack? What are we doing here?"

"You'll see," he says. Jack seems a little more comfortable now.

He smiles at me, and I try not to giggle. God, I haven't grown up at all.

"Are you ready?"
"I'm ready."

Jack leads me over to the edge.

He grabs my waist and leans over to kiss me.

And then he picks me up and throws me over the edge.

"Bye shortie"

The end :)

(A/N The Second) I'm so sorry for this-