Chapter 4: Screaming and Gleaming

His cries were so loud, they were almost a faint sound. His arms around his bear, yet so much as mine around his. The operator said she will have an ambulance there as soon as possible, and to stay right where they are, and be quiet just in case somebody was in the house. I agreed. The phone call ended. I hugged my brother promising everything would be okay. I stroked his light brown hair with my thumb, and looked him in the eyes. "I promise." He layed his head on my chest and said he loved me. I heard the faint sirens of ambulance and police car. Maybe a firetruck. There was an airhorn that said they had the house surrounded and there was no way out for the suspect. Also about confessing, after one minute, I heard a footstep in the kitchen. Then glass breaking. Mac was screaming, and soon loud footsteps on the stairs, and whoever it was broke the door and turned the lock. I thought I was going to die there that day. The police scooped Mac up and took me and held me, and called for the firetruck through the window. I heard two gunshots, and then a voice thst said, "We're Clear." The firefighter brought the lift on his truck to the window where I stepped on. The police officer did after me after looking around the room for a second. When we hit the grass, I cried. There was a body on the gurney covered in a wrap. I knew that was the end for my dad, until I heard Mac say daddy. I turned to my dad in the second ambulance, laying down, struggling to move. I took Mac and sat on the porch. The two ambulances rushed to the hospital. The policeman asked me a few questions, and if we were hurt or not. Asked for my last name. Asked for my relations to that man, meaning my dad. I told her, and she said to get into the car, and she would bring us to our father. I got in with Mac, and there was no carseat. She told me that as long as he was seatbelted in, he will be okay. I followed the instructions, and sat right by him, and gleamed out the window until we arrived at the Emergency Room, I was told to stay in the car with my brother until she came to get us. Let's just say it was about two hours before she actually came out of those revolving doors, and told us some news that made me mad.