5.2 - 'Head over heels and falling... On ice?'

Start from the beginning

"Oh, right" I mused and then suddenly I burst into laughter.

"What is it?" June stared at me as If I was some sort of crazy woman.

"Her! Nice HA! I can't see it!" I laughed, as I looked over at Gianna who was now shouting at one of her 'followers' for jumping off the wrong leg.

"I know right?" she laughed with me as we continued to run.

---

"So, you and Wes then," she asked once we had jogged around the field another lap.

"What about us?" I asked innocently.

"Well you're his mate..." she prompted and then stopped when she saw me shaking my head.

"No." I corrected her "He is not my mate"

"WHAT!" now it was her turn to be taken aback,

"I mean I like him, but as a friend, and he certainly is not my mate." That was what I was sure of. Wesley however much It would be nice to have such a nice guy as a mate, I wasn't attracted to him like that, which was strange because normally I would totally go for a sweet, good-looking guy like him. But I knew deep down that I would never fall in love with him because I would only fall in love with one person and one person only. My unbeknown, un-met, real mate. It's a strange feeling to know that someone out there was yours and they didn't even know it yet. That, someone, was going to meet you in the near future and you'll have no choice but to fall deeply and irrevocably in love with. Ok I quickly got rid of thoughts about that window scene in twilight, as I realized coming out of Bella's mouth it sounded alright, but the same words coming from myself, just sounds corny, ok snap out of it Sky.

"So he lied to Nick for you" she stared wide-eyed at me,

"Yeh, sweet huh" I smiled.

"Uh yeh, but totally STUPID" she nearly shouted the last part causing me to stop running and stand wide-eyed at her.

"Why, it got him off my back didn't he?"

"Well yes but not for long after a while, someone is going to find out, and then you'll not only have trouble from Nick but also from Klaus"

"Oh for fuck's sake! Who the hell is this Klaus anyway, and why does he seem to have everyone wrapped around his middle finger, even his own bloody brother!" I yelled.

"Yes, well that's what happens when he's alpha of the strongest pack of wolves in America" she shrugged

"Oh" and that was my genius response.

"Look, you'll be fine as long as nobody finds out that your lying" she tried to reassure me. "you just better hope that you don't find your real mate for a really, really long time" she tried to laugh it off as a joke, but the truth was it felt like the world was crashing down around me, she was right. What if someone found out, Gianna would be right, I would be dead. Literally!

---

"So how are you getting home?" June asked as we walked across the crowded parking lot.

"Chase's is giving me a lift" I shrugged as I looked around for him.

"Chase?" June asked skeptically.

"Yeah, well I wouldn't have accepted if the alternative was anything better than the bus" Just then my eyes caught on Chase, Wesley, Brody, and Quinn, as they walked towards us.

"Hey honey" Wesley, surprised me by walking straight up to me and wrapping his arms around my waist in a sweet embrace.

"Er hey" I mumbled against his shoulder.