Chapter 42 - Saving Lena

Start from the beginning

********
Kara flies into the air and takes just a brief second to compose herself, just so she can get everything together so she can focus enough to use her powers and try and figure out where the sniper shot came from. Kara just takes a deep breath, closing her eyes, before then releasing the breath and opening her eyes once more. Kara then uses her x-ray vision, and quickly sees a man sitting on the top of a building, looking through a sniper scoop.

Kara quickly flies off into the sniper's direction, landing on him within seconds. The man literally has no time to react to Kara's presence, and just lets out a small yelp as Kara slams into him, sending him flying across the rooftop, as he drops his sniper on the ground. Kara then touches down on the rooftop and this gives the man the time to get to his feet and look at Supergirl. The man has an evil sneer on his face, clenching his fists in both of his hands.

"Why would you try and shoot a little girl!?" Kara yells, angrily.

Kara then notices the man clenching his fists, before he then goes charging towards her. Kara for her part just remains still, allowing the man to run towards her and attempt to tackle her to the ground. However, seeing as Kara is Supergirl, as the man attempts to tackle her to the ground, instead of causing the hero to fall backwards, the impact of his leading shoulder on Kara's body creates an arm crunching sound. The man then falls to the ground himself, yelling out in extreme pain.

"You deserve that and so much worse!" Kara says, angrily. Even though this bastard shot at her daughter, Kara is trying to control her anger, even if this time it would be the most justifiable thing in the world. Kara just doesn't want to have that feeling of uncontrollable anger again, even if it is righteous.

Kara picks up the man with one of her hands, lifting him off of the ground and then flies him down to the street below, just as several black DEO cars arrive on the scene. Kara then notices Alex get out of the car and go running towards Kara.

"SUPERGIRL!! Oh thank god! Are you okay?" Alex asks.

"Yeah... this is the sniper." Kara says, as she drops him to the ground unceremoniously.

The man lets out a groan as his body hits the ground.

"Good I.... where's Alura?" Alex asks panicked, realising Alura isn't by Kara's side.

"Oh... she's with..." Kara begins.

Suddenly Kara's super hearing picks up the sound of Alura yelling "MOMMA!". Kara then quickly zooms off into the direction of her daughter, arriving in the lobby to the building within less than second.

As Kara enters the building, to her horror, she sees Lena lying on her back, on the ground, her eyes closed, and blood pouring out of her torso, all while Alura is on her knees by Lena's side.

"Momma! Wake up! Please!" Alura sobs, trying to shake Lena awake.

Kara's eyes go wide and a horrible feeling occurs in her gut, before she then scrambles to her knees beside Lena.

"Lena?" Kara sobs.

Lena remains silent.

"Mommy?" Alura sobs, looking up at Kara.

Kara quickly x-ray's Lena's body, she can see that Lena's heart is still beating, but it is very slow, and Lena is losing a lot of blood from the wound. Kara then uses her x-ray vision over the wound area and notices that she can't just try and pull out the bullet, as it has broken into several shards. This also means that Kara can't stop the bleeding by cauterising the wound, much to Kara's horror. Kara knows that Lena needs immediate medical treatment, as she will die simply from blood loss if they don't get her somewhere fast. But then on the other hand, Kara can see that the bullet fragments inside Lena's torso are still slightly moving, as Lena's blood continues to flow out of her body. Kara's big fear is that if she closes up the wound, these fragments could travel somewhere which will kill Lena.