𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 - 𝗼𝗻𝗲

• • •

MARCH JUST HAD TO COME QUICK. not only was it premiere day for 'enola holmes' but it would be the first time kaila would see louis. face to face. louis had texted her everyday. whether it was a simple 'sorry' or 'good morning/night'. it was sweet and made kaila blush every time but she still felt embarrassed for tell him that she loved him. but at the same time, she shrugged it off saying that it was bound to happen.

kaila was packing her things up in her room at ma's house because she decided to stay there for the last two weeks of being home. being with ma helped her forget almost everything and she did treat her to spa days almost every week. she was that thankful.

"kai?" mama lisa asked from the door way. kaila nodded to her and gestured for her to come in. lisa sat down on the edge of the bed next to kailas suitcase where she was filing her clothes in. "i know what you're thinking."

kaila furrowed her eyebrows. "and what would that be, ma?"

lisa sighed. "you're thinking about him. how you'll have to face him eventually. and how you will be avoiding him."

"i won't be avoiding him..." lisa gave kaila a look as she said that. "fine, i may or may not just limit my distance between him and i. but i will be respectful if he does want to talk to me."

"well, kai. as you and the family know, your father and i aren't together anymore. and the main reason? we couldn't communicate. communication between anyone you know is important. listen to him, listen to what he has to say. don't avoid communication."

kaila was stunned. ma had never told the children why her and robert split. even the older siblings had no idea, as it happened when they were just a bit younger. but she didn't dwell on that, she nodded.

"i'll try and not be stubborn this time, ma," kaila smiled at her mother who was already smiling at her.

the two shared a hug, before lugging all her luggage down the stairs.

and with saying her goodbyes, she walked out the front door preparing to drive to the airport.

• • •

the flight to lax wasn't bad for kaila, she landed earlier than expected and the flight was smooth. chris offered her to stay at his la house, which she greatly accepted as the premiere venue was a twenty minute drive away. she just had finished a call with sara whom she told kaila that she'd be at chris' la house tomorrow — three hours early to get things ready.

kaila slept good that night. she did have thoughts about how she would be tomorrow. especially with paparazzi bombarding her and seeing him. kailas thoughts are away at her but sleep helped her forget.

she would go with the flow and take tomorrow by it's throat.

• • •

IT WAS THE DAMN DAY. weeks since new york, weeks since she confessed her bottled up feelings to her first love. she still felt embarrassed and humiliated. her confession of love left him speechless. and she thought it was bad.

now, she was currently sitting in a makeup chair in from of the master bathroom mirror. it was huge.

"so, kaila, how's everything been? the last time i saw you was before interviews," sara inquired.

"yeah, it has been quite a while, huh?" kaila chuckled, sara following along. "i've been doing pretty good, seeing family always brings me back to reality. how about you?"