Chris Evans x reader (drabble)

The Coffee Girl
Pairings | Chris Evans x f!reader
Warnings | age gap, swearing
Word count | 744
Summary | Chris doesn't like how the interviewer is treating you

The Coffee GirlPairings | Chris Evans x f!readerWarnings | age gap, swearingWord count | 744Summary | Chris doesn't like how the interviewer is treating you

You sighed, double checking your make up once more. Soothing your hands over your dress, you nearly considered changing when you saw the amount of cleavage it offered. But you decided against it, knowing that if your boss saw you wearing anything other than what he'd picked you'd most certainly be fired.

"Can I get you anything?" You asked the interviewer - Josh - as you entered the room. Josh grunted at you as he organised his things, sitting down with a sigh and looking up at you expectantly.

His eyes immediately flitted down to your breasts. You scoffed in your head, gross.

"Coffee. Black." Josh's voice was deadpanned, blunt. You nodded, about to exit the room when his voice echoed again. "Make sure it has two sugars this time."

You sighed, hand twisting the door knob from where it'd frozen there. You wandered down the hall and stopped in the small kitchenette, quickly whipping together Josh's coffee.

You paused there for a moment, leaning back against the counter and taking a deep breath. It wasn't the first time you'd considered quitting, but you needed the job to pay for college.

Snapping yourself out of your phase, you picked up the coffee mug and quickly made your way back to the interview room.

"Finally!" Josh barked as you stepped into the room. "I was beginning to think you'd found someone to fuck with how long you were taking!" Josh complained, snatching the mug from your hands before waving you off.

It was that moment that you noticed that Chris Evans had arrived, the celebrity Josh would be interviewing. Chris's gaze was heavy as it fell upon you, his muscular body slouched in the chair and a dangerous glint in his eye. You gulped, turning to leave.

"So, Chris. It's great to have you here." Josh began, a mirthful voice put on as he set his coffee down beside him.

"What, no thank you?" Chris stated calmly, his words forcing you to freeze in your steps.

"I'm sorry?" Josh frowned, leaning forward slightly. Chris copied him, squaring his shoulders.

"You heard me. Do you not thank your staff now? Is that it?" Chris asked, tone accusatory. Josh scoffed.

"Thank her? She's nothing but a- a coffee girl! She's as useless as her job is!" Josh exclaimed and Chris cleared his throat. The actor leant back in his seat, looking up to the team of people that were stood around the room behind Josh. They all looked apprehensive, like they wanted to do something but weren't sure if their jobs allowed it.

"I'm done here." Was all Chris said as he stood up, grabbing his jacket from his chair before he began making his way across the room. He brushing past everyone, ignoring Josh as he called apologies in an attempt to get him back.

"You little bitch!" Josh snarled, his hand wrapped around your wrist so tight you were sure there'd be a bruise. "You ruined this! If you'd just-"

"Hey!" Chris said sternly from where he stood, half-in, half-out the door. "Don't make this out to be her fault when you were just being a dick!" The man huffed, walking towards you. "Let her go, and maybe I won't get you fired." Chris sneered, placing his fingers on top of Josh's as you struggled.

"Fine!" Josh snapped, letting you go and storming out. Chris sighed, shoulders slumping as he watched the interviewer leave. After a moment, he turned to you, an apologetic look dancing over his blue eyes.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Chris murmured, hands coming up to hold your upper-arms. His head ducked so he could look into your eyes as you nodded slowly.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" you began to stutter, words tangling together and tying your tongue into a knot as you tried to speak.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. That guy was just a dickhead." Chris interjected, his thumbs smoothing over your skin. "Now, as an apology from me, would you like to go grab a coffee?" Chris asked, lip between his teeth as he straightened up. You smiled, the grin touching your eyes as Chris' hands fell to his sides.

"I'd love to." You hummed, taking a hold of his hand when he held it out to you.