《Chapter 35》 Group Project

Start from the beginning

Julie
Again, that why we're meeting up tomorrow.

George
Where

Julie
?

George
Where are we meeting up?

Jean
I was thinking about your room, George.

George
We cant

Jean
Why not.

George
Reasons.

Jean
Alright.

Julie
Well, we can't do it at my place, my roommate already claimed it for his music project...

Jean
Well our room is still being fixed, I'm still staying at Hayles place

--
I continued to read their conversation. It felt kind of weird like I was spying on someone's private life. I didn't know any of these people. And they didn't know me, but I'm still in a group chat with them. I spaced out for a bit when I spotted my name among the text.
--

Jean
Adam is your room an option.

You
Oh, well yeah sure

George
Are you sure, is your roommate okay with it too

You
Yeah, it's fine.

Julie
Awesome!
Wait where is your room

You
C9

George
That's pretty close to mine

Jean
Well, we got the meeting covered.

George
You make it sound so professional...

Jean
Oh shut it.

--

They continued to go back to talking about their lives. At first, I just stared and thought about just putting the group on silent and checking every so often to see if they needed me, but then they started asking me questions, and we got caught up in conversation.

We all texted for a good 2 hours before they had other stuff to do, so everyone, including myself, left.

--

The next day they came over at the time we agreed on. They had brought everything they needed and we had made a circle on the floor since I didn't really have a table we could all sit on.

You'd think it'd be easier to get a room somewhere else that did have enough space, but for some reason, they had decided to come to my room.

"Alright so does everyone understand what we're going to do?" Julie asked again. "Yes ma'am!" George said as he jokingly saluted. "Good. Then let's plan who's gonna do what." She continued.

She got out a list and started assigning everyone tasks. I was kind of impressed at how productive she was, and how well she took the lead in the project. She gave me my list of things I need to do, luckily it wasn't that hard, most of it consisted of research, a thing I much preferred over going out and doing things.

"So, Adam. Tell us about yourself." George smirked as he leaned onto his hands. "Wh- didn't we do that yesterday?" I asked confused. "Yeah, sure. We talked about our favorite movies and what not- but we know much about you." He said, emphasizing the 'you'.

"Well, there's not much to talk about," I said trying to avoid the subject. "Sure there is~" he pushed. "George doesn't force him, it's creepy" Julie joined in. "Why am I always creepy to you?" George defended. I just sat there not sure what to say, as they argued.

"So do you have any siblings?" Suddenly Jean asked. Ignoring the other two. I looked over, a little confused. "Y-yeah. I have a brother I answered hesitantly.

"Older or younger?" They continued. "Older." She nodded. "Me too," they laughed. "They can be a handful sometimes.." they sighed, leaning back.

"Oh not really. It's kind of the opposite for me." I said. The more we talked the less the others argued. Until they eventually joined the conversation.

"What do you mean, the opposite?" They asked. "Well, my brother was always there for me. I was pretty difficult to deal with I imagine." I continued. "Why's that?" Julie asked suddenly.

"Uh, well that's a long story." I laughed awkwardly. "Well, you're lucky" George started. "I only have younger siblings. And damn they can be annoying." He complained.

"You can't say that, he's only 12." Julie laughed. "Exactly!" He yelled. "That the most annoying age."

We all laughed as he continued to complain about his little brother. They stayed for a few more hours before they decide to call it a day. After they left I got ready and went to bed.