Chapter 4: Research Breakthrough

Hello again! Why do I not know what to say here for this story, but I was fine with the other one? I think that's kind of weird. Anyway, if you could take the time to vote and comment it would mean so much to me!

It was another day. Warspite was out on the docks (surprise!) when she got an idea. She looked up at one of the big clock towers. Probably. Warspite turned in the direction of her destination and headed off. Soon, it would be known.

Unicorn, Laffey, Javelin and Ayanami were hanging out at their spot. Javelin and Ayanami were in a conversation with each other and Unicorn was occasionally saying something. Laffey was just trying to ignore them. 

It was just another boring day with nothing interesting happening. But by then, Laffey was used to it. She didn't necessarily dislike it, but it was becoming the regular thing now. Just waiting around to see what the next move would be. 

The others were talking about something like that. Nobody couldn't at least think about it. They needed to do something soon. If they didn't, well the war would go on forever. But Laffey knew that Warspite was thinking the same thing.

She might send out some ships to investigate more. But, if they would, then they would need some armour that protects against poison or something in that category. So, then it really comes down to when another research break through happens and if it's relevant or not. 

Laffey heard some commotion behind her and she turned around. There stood Warspite.

'Hi Warspite!' Javelin said in her usual cheery way. Warspite smiled and nodded to her. She then turned to Ayanami. 

'Ayanami.' She said. 'I want to test your skills. In a battle against me.'

Ayanami stood up immediately.

'I accept.' She always wanted a chance to prove herself. She was also level 19 due to the commission that she attended. Javelin and Laffey glanced at each other. 

Warspite drew her sword. Ayanami did the same. Her sword's blade was more block like. Warspite wanted to see her strength at a low level. To see if she had potential. 

Ayanami attacked first. Warspite predicted this. She twirled to her left and turned back to Ayanami. She continued to try and launch attacks, but Warspite continued to dodge them. 

The other three ships watched as the two opposing ships battled. 

Soon, Ayanami tried to attack to the side of her obvious location for an attack, but Warspite responded with a duck and then hitting Ayanami's legs, making her stagger back. Warspite thought that she would tire out, but she didn't. Ayanami continued to swing her sword, hoping for a lucky hit.

Eventually, when Warspite dodged an attack, she jumped behind Ayanami and pointed her sword at the back of her neck. Laffey saw slight frustration cross her face. She saw the realisation. 

Ayanami ducked, meaning that the sword's point was no longer in her direction, and was now behind Warspite. Warspite turned around, seeming to know that she would do that. She smiled. 

Ayanami positioned her sword for attack. 

'I want you to do what you would in a real fight. Not against lower levelled ship.' Ayanami commanded. 

'You sure?' Warspite asked, her smile never disappearing. 

'I wanna see what I'm like against a top classed ship.' She explained. 

'Alright. Don't say I didn't warn you.' Warspite responded. 

She then shot to Ayanami, who barely had time to think of ducking. She ended out having more than half of her health removed in that single attack. But, she didn't make decisions purely about her health. Her base total health was low to begin with.

(A/N Level 120 retrofit it's an astonishingly low 1963. To give you an idea about how low that is: Hammann's retrofit level 120 health is 2025. And Hammann is a rare ship. Ayanami is an Elite.)

She made decisions about the whole scene. She was behind Warspite who had just delivered an attack, her health was bellow half, her attacking powers where high, her speed was high and she hadn't made a single move yet. 

With all of that, she made her decision: attack. She swung her sword at her once she was close enough. Warspite took the hit, but immediately reacted by swinging her sword back at her. Ayanami's health was now down to a low 12. Warspite considered that a battle done.

'You attacked where most ships would give but. I have hope in us.' Warspite concluded, nodded and left. Unicorn, Javelin and Laffey looked at each other. 

'What's that meant to mean? "I have hope in us."' Laffey asked. 

'How am I supposed to know?' Ayanami asked, standing back up after she received her last attack. 

'You should go to a healer.' Javelin suggested. Ayanami agreed and she left. As the other two talked about what just happened, Laffey thought about Warspite's last words.

I have hope in us. 

 Warspite was told to visit the research house. Apparently she was needed there. When she entered, one of the ships that worked there, Denver, rushed over to her.

'Warspite! It appears that we have made another research break through!' She said excitedly. 

'Is it the one I hope it is?' Warspite asked. Many research topics used to be done, but now there were only about two or three topics. All of them were relevant, but some were more useful than others. 

'Yes it is Warspite.' 

It was that time of day again. Or night. Warspite stood in front of all the ships in the nation, ready to announce what had been found earlier that day. 

'Eagle Union! Today, we have had a research break through. On the most important researching mission yet!' Warspite called out to the crowd of ships. A cheer erupted from them. When they quieted down she continued. 

'As some of you know, this researching mission is about revival! Reviving ships that have fallen. But, as you know, attacks deal certain amounts of damage. As the research has only recently been found, we only have the minimal amount of knowledge about it.' She continued.

'Now, before you ask, one of these machines has been constructed. Except, as I was explaining before, damage is dealt in numbers. And, if a ship if destroyed on the battle field, then they will have negative health. This machine so far is only able to revive ships that have 200 or less damage points.'

'In later modals, with more technology, that number will be increased!' Warspite finished explaining. 

'And with this new machine, the Eagle Union will be unstoppable!'  

A/N Thanks a lot for reading! I just realised, I don't think that Lights was mentioned once in this chapter. I can't remember though. If you know, my other story (of azur lane and random stuff) has reached 300 views! (307) Which is more than the prequel to this story. 

I just did the maths. I added this stories views and the last one's and the total is 291. Well. That's unusual. Now, I don't want you guys to stop reading that other story. I love the support.

Anyway, remember to vote and comment! It means a lot!